This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#103428 October 27th, 2004 at 05:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Geegeeburr......ummm I wouldn't say I'm a control freak....If anything sometimes I feel like I don't have control over certain things in my life......In real life I get panicky in the mall when it's crowded....I don't like big crowds.....

Man, I so wish I could find my good dream book....I'm determined to find it sometime soon......the piano dream is really interesting.....and gmom I think that it does sound like a past life experience.....I mean, even if you are religious it's hard to say what god can do....we don't know....maybe a lot of us have lived other lives..... Duh

I was young and stupid and called one of those psychics that cost you about a million dollars a mintue(note:this was back when I was making pretty good money)--she told me all kinds of stuff but the one thing that sticks out is that she told me that I wouldn't be alone forever that I would find the right person and his name would either be Mark or John.....Pretty common names right? But I did marry a mark......and for the guys in my age range it really isn't all that common of a name really.....and it's not like I went seeking a guy named Mark....lol

Back when my mom was much younger she read tea leaves and was very good at it.....she saw bad things though, predicted a man and his sons death....told him not to go to a soccer game the following day, they went and he wrecked and they died......not long after that my mom turned totally against it and thought that it was an awful thing to be able to do.....she is the most normal person you'd ever meet....she's not all into astrology, numerology, etc, at all.....

I might restart my dream journal.....I slacked off for a while but all of this dream talk is interesting......

#103429 October 27th, 2004 at 05:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
those psychics that cost you about a million dollars a mintue
I had a tarot reading by a "Nonprofesional Psychic" and she told me too many things that came true. I sincerely believe in the "Unknown"

G-Mom grinnnn

#103430 October 29th, 2004 at 02:22 AM
does that have anything to do with KNOWING something is going to happen, or what someone is going to say, before it happens? Then, it happens just like you KNOW you've already seen it happen in your head?
Classic case of dejavu. Which has actually been explained for the most part. The current theory goes like this: Your brain fires electrical impulses. Picture a brain, all those ridges and twistings... now, picture the arch you see when your 2-year-old is trying to stick a penny in the outlet. shk Since nerves speak through electricity, sometimes when they fire, they fire directly but also arc. The arc is unrestrained by the physical matter of the brain and actually gets there faster than the other impulse which travels down the normal path.

So, the arc is not the normal method so your brain picks it up but it's not as clear as the regular impulse. So it becomes like a ghost of a memory. The experience and the feeling of having the experience before is almost simultaneous because our poor little human brains can't tell the difference.

Because of this, it stands to reason that, if you have this occurring several times a day, you might have a neurological condition, albeit minor, such as some forms of epilepsy or possibly a pinched nerve somewhere.

OK... On to my horrible, wicked dream. Since I was about 12, I would have a nasty, little nightmare about once every two weeks or so. This man who I loved very much was killed, died, whatever. I never saw his face. I just had the emotion of deep passion. (At age 12, passion is an entirely new emotion. But that's what I later recognized it as.)

So, this was the man I was deeply in love with but in the end, he always died. I was always a mess and would wake up feeling like my world had been shattered. This nearly put me over the edge during my teenage years. I never dated anyone that I was serious about because of it.

Here's the saddest part. Two years ago, my husband passed away. I haven't had the dream since. I was worried that I would dream it and it was tough convincing myself to sleep that first night. But the fact that I haven't had the dream since is just weird. I guess it was just a case of my worst fear coming out in dreamland. But since I had really lived through that scenario, I guess I don't need to dream about it anymore.

#103431 October 29th, 2004 at 04:19 AM
My weirdest dream that I have (and have had more than once) is where I dream I'm in the check out line at wal mart and the Big boss from where I use to work is there in line in front of me. I look down to find that I am nude from the waist up. I have hair from hell and no clothes. And all I can do is stand there and blush.

I have one every once in awhile where I am running from flood waters. I'm on a bridge crossing a river and the flood is growing swolling up the bridge and everything else. Good thing I wake up because I'm not a good swimmer. laugh

#103432 October 29th, 2004 at 05:00 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
suzydaze...
I have dreams like the first one you mentioned.
Wonder what's up with that? thumbup
Gonna answer some of these subconscious questions!

Cindy

#103433 October 29th, 2004 at 04:46 PM
Meg Offline
Originally posted by sachis2112:
does that have anything to do with KNOWING something is going to happen, or what someone is going to say, before it happens? Then, it happens just like you KNOW you've already seen it happen in your head?
Classic case of dejavu. Which has actually been explained for the most part.
Yes, dejavu happens when they change something in the matrix. wink grinnnn

Ok, so I've seen that a few too many times. shocked

#103434 October 29th, 2004 at 06:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Meg.....I thumbup

#103435 October 29th, 2004 at 10:35 PM
Meg Offline
See Loz, I knew it.. sisters separated. wavey

I love the Matix movies too.. we have them all. And I wouldn't discount the possibility of there being more. wink

Meg

#103436 October 30th, 2004 at 12:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Meg.....yep--must be sisters seperated at birth...... smile Not many women I know liked the Matrix.....a lot of people I know didn't seem to understand it.......

Maybe they'll have a prequel--like Star Wars did....that'd be great with me.....You know if I ever ran into Keanau Reeves I'd be tempted not to bow down and say, You're the One.... laugh Not that I'll ever get to meet him though..... :p

#103437 October 30th, 2004 at 02:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Matrix was on last night...I was glued to the T.V. Keanu is soooooo yummy!

G-Mom grinnnn

#103438 October 30th, 2004 at 03:25 PM
Meg Offline
Hey, back off from my boyfriend! I saw him first! laugh I thought he was something even way back when I first saw Bill & Ted.

Meg

#103439 October 30th, 2004 at 03:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
laugh [Linked Image] YOU WIN! [Linked Image] laugh

G-Mom grinnnn

#103440 November 3rd, 2004 at 04:24 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
loz...please get your dream book out and analyze this one...

For the past week I have been dreaming about that stupid oven mitt in the Arby's commercial.

(No, nothing kinky.)

It just seems to show up everywhere.

And, in one dream it's in my kitchen talking to me while I'm cooking.

frown

Cindy

#103441 November 3rd, 2004 at 04:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It probably means that you are CRAVING an Arbys Beef & Cheddar with a side order of Onion Petals. Extra southwest sauce,of course.

Mmmm...sounds good!

Come on over...I'll treat thumbup

laugh

G-Mom grinnnn

#103442 November 3rd, 2004 at 05:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. You guys have got me craving Arbys roast beef and cheese with regular fries and a small container of cheese to dip them in.....nearest one is 20 miles away..... eek Arbys is absolutely my fav. fast food restaurant....I even emailed them to see if they'd open one up here....

Cindy....maybe you're watching too much TV or eating out too much.... laugh

I can't find a listing for oven mitt laugh :rolleyes: laugh , but it's basically a glove really--wouldn't you say? And the listing for gloves is as follows: To see or wear gloves in your dream is indicative of how you handle things and how you may be handling a certain situation that is occuring in your life right now....It can also signify your cautious demeanor and economical way of dealing with others.....

#103443 November 3rd, 2004 at 06:02 AM
Sometimes, dreaming of water simply means you have to go to the bathroom. Sometimes dreams are just as simple and uncomplicated as that. Other times, man dear, I can't figure them out at all!

For instance, all of my life I dreamed I was a wonderful tap dancer. In my dreams, no matter where I was or what I was doing, I'd be tapping and tapping, never running out of breath or missing a beat. Yes, I studied tap as a child (who didn't!) but never got THAT good.

But then, when I had the amputation and woke up from the coma, I never dreamed of tapping again. Instead, in all my dreams I'd simply be perched in perfect balance on my left foot (like an elegant bird) and would simply GLIDE everywhere I wanted to go, just by thinking about it.

So I thought that was interesting and cool. Until I got my prostethic leg in February. Suddenly I am dreaming I do everything in the wheelchair, even swimming! I'm not dancing or gliding....just sitting. WIERD!

But one night soon after I got the leg, I had a dream I was being chased by evil spies and I knew they would kill me if I didn't hide. I got out of the wheel chair in a hurry and threw myself down on a dump pile, slipping my leg off and putting it over my chest and striking this dramatic pose as though I was a broken mannequin. I figured I'd blend right in, unnoticable along with all the other discarded objects from life.

That dream shook me up some, but still it was somehow comforting to think about how an artificial leg I utterly despise helped me safe my life from bad guys.

Yipes.

Merme

#103444 November 3rd, 2004 at 02:47 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
Merme...that's a very interesting dream, and extremely emotionally intense. I think our dreams are a way of letting deep emotions come to the surface a little more so we can deal with them.

I hate that oven mitt, though.

Wish it was a good-looking man talking to me in my kitchen instead of a goofy oven mitt. frown

Cindy

#103445 November 3rd, 2004 at 03:16 PM
Oh Cindy, I think I would HATE that oven mitt! I do NOT like it when inanimate objects take on life-like qualities in dreams. I would much rather have a bad dream of people or animals acting in unusual ways than to dream of things acting in any way at all. Poor you.

But truthfully I often have humorous dreams and wake myself up laughing.

Maxi has significant sleep disturbances and so he sleep walks and sleep talks, particularly during times of stress or over-excitement such as holidays. The kid just gets so happy he can't help himself.

Now that he is tall enough and capable enough to reach any lock, I keep bells on the outside doors that are loud enough to wake me should he open an exit door in his sleep. I would not want the child getting out of the house undetected, especially not during winter months in Maine!

Merme

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard