This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#103092 December 10th, 2004 at 12:19 PM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
Webshots no longer allows their members to post their webshot photos on other sites. (Sounds like a good reason for our members to move their photos to another album place)
From Webshots Help
#19 I used to be able to link images from the Webshots Community to other websites, but now it's not working. Why?

Due to abuse, you can no longer display Webshots images on other websites. You can only view Webshots images from Webshots pages and within the Webshots software. Alternatively, you can post a link to the page that contains the image you'd like to display.
Back to top | Help Home
Mel and Cindy managed to see the photos here temporarily because the first viewed them on webshots. When they came back here, the photo was stored in their temp. files on their computers. When the temp file left the puter it became invisible here once again.

#103093 December 10th, 2004 at 03:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the scarf and mitten set...they are sooo cute thumbup grinnnn

#103094 December 10th, 2004 at 04:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It does stink about webshots, but there are lots of other great sites to store photos on too....webshots is over rated if you ask me.....I have webshots, and imagestation--and I prefer imagestation a whole lot better. You can link your photos from there too. thumbup

#103095 December 10th, 2004 at 09:30 PM
I had imagestation first and found it difficult to use and error messages often, then I just recently switched over to Webshots and found it much easier and NOW ThIS!! I guess I'll have to just post my link and then if I really have to have the picture on here for you all then I will have to use imagestation?? :p

#103096 December 11th, 2004 at 03:43 AM
Merme,

I saw the pics and of course the ones you emailed me of the scarf and mittens- your angel is beautiful - if I get the camera I have been promised I will take pics of ours too- and my village and train- am really happy with the way it turned out this year.... Timothy the 3 yr old - says it is Thomas the Tank- so now it is Thomas's Village too.
wink

#103097 December 11th, 2004 at 04:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well, all the stuff is great! kissies

i have met on other member, mom54, and have plans to meet cindy next summer. i talk to bill on the phone once in a while, and have talked to one or two other members.

and about the photo issue... photobucket is another free site, and they make linking VERY easy. i use them for linking and webshots for "sharing"

#103098 December 11th, 2004 at 04:45 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
have plans to meet cindy next summer
This is TOO cool! thumbup
Gonna have to mow the yard that week!

i talk to bill on the phone once in a while
Does he make you click the heels of your ruby slippers together and say "There's no place like home, there's no place like home"?
Just curious..... nutz lala

Cindy

#103099 December 11th, 2004 at 08:53 PM
Oh, this time of year, my fingers are flying with the crochet hook.

It is funny but, if I make something fast for Maxi and give it to him right away when I get my yarn basket out, he is so happy with the thing, that he loses all interest in the yarn basket after that. Then I can work on items, knowing he won't peek inside the basket again. :rolleyes:

So not only did I make the mitten set some of you saw, but I've also made him two other caps, and slippers. I made stationary clutch bags for two of the teenage girls at my church who work with me in the music program. I made an evening bag for another girl on our list. Plus my two winter hats and matching scarves. Plus the two potholders and hot pad set for my Ex's girlfriend.
Plus the Victorian Candy Cane covers for an assortment of smaller gifts for various people. Plus the snowflakes for a friends tree....

Tonight I'm starting on a hat and mitten set for little Danforth, Maxi's step-brother, who turns 3 next week.

I am waiting until after Christmas Day, I think, to do the adorable teddy bear for my great-nephew who was born last May. I'm going to work him in a deep shade of pastel blue using a super soft yarn called Baby Clouds.

The other thing I want to get to tonight are the two calligraphy projects I have planned as gifts.

This afternoon I made up two batches of 4Ruddy's Cranberry Salsa, also for gifts. The two batches filled a total of four pint sized jars and they look so festive!

So what are all of you up to?
Merme

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard