This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#103067 December 7th, 2004 at 07:38 PM
Hey Shamrock, was your pleading, begging and general wheedling effective with Cindy? Is she dashing right over to lend a hand? Or did she and Lola turn an impervious ear?

If she still needs nudging, we could start a rallying cry if ya wanna, doing one of those "Cin-dy! Cin-dy! Cind-dy! choruses for her? laugh

Me, I'm all set! Melcon6 is coming down to my town to put our tree up on Thursday. Now am I not the lucky one or what?!

Merme

#103068 December 7th, 2004 at 08:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do any of you have competing neighbors??? I swear every year my 2 female neighbors across the street try to outdo each other in a "who can put up the most xmas decorations competition" laugh .....It's kind of amusing to watch.....there's a lot of new stuff that they didn't have last year, and they typically keep putting more and more stuff up until the big day......I wouldn't mind so much but one of them had musical lights that plays about 10 different songs......I asked her son if she could turn it off at night because it's hard to fall asleep when you have We 3 Kings, or We Wish You a Merry Christmas going through your head.....over, and over, and over again..... :rolleyes: :p

#103069 December 7th, 2004 at 11:10 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Boy! I can only imagine the crazy dreams that those songs could produce!! sca laugh laugh

#103070 December 8th, 2004 at 01:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL--I tell you I have weird dreams anyway.....I had the weirdest one yet just the other day but I can't share it on here....freaky stuff!!!!

To keep up a little bit I added a strand of lights across the length of my porch..... laugh I just don't have the energy for all that they do..... :p

#103071 December 8th, 2004 at 04:39 AM
Hi Loz ~ wavey

Here's what you do...you would like to have your outside decorated with more lights than you have the energy to put up, so....

Tell your competing neighbors across the way that when they run out of room decorating their houses and yards, they can extend their efforts to your place and vie with one another all around your mulberry bush!

Now, howz THAT for a plan?! laugh laugh

Merme

#103072 December 8th, 2004 at 05:48 AM
Cindy's Cuz
Cindy's Cuz
Merme, can you start the chant? grinnnn

No, she has not helped me -- and no again, I have not even started on the lights yet. My husband and I cannot do a thing together without killing each other. I'm supposed to read his mind or something. So, I'm not even going to attempt doing anything with him, or ask him to. And now it's dark... hard to do in my living room (you can't hardly see)

I think I WILL take off early tomorrow though, so that if Cindy can, maybe she will help me then! laugh

Help me out ya'll. Cin-dy! Cin-dy! Cin-dy!

angell Leslie

17 days... i just about freaked when I saw that. eek

#103073 December 8th, 2004 at 05:53 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
17 days... i just about freaked when I saw that.
And, I haven't bought ONE Christmas present yet! laugh

Cindy

#103074 December 8th, 2004 at 05:57 AM
Cindy's Cuz
Cindy's Cuz
Hey!!! Were your ears burning?

What are you doing tomorrow? grinnnn

#103075 December 8th, 2004 at 06:04 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Yeah! laugh

I haven't hardly been on the forum today.
It has about killed me!
(That, along with a few other things!)

I have no Christmas feeling at all... ters

Tomorrow...nothing! laugh
Might have to go to Richmond for some bourbon ball ingredients!

Cin

#103076 December 8th, 2004 at 07:09 AM
Cin-dy! Cin-dy! Cin-dy!

Gosh, kid, I hate to nag you at the end of a difficult day, but I gotta know if you've volunteered to help Little Shamrock out?

I was thinking...if you help her, she could help you, and then you'd both be better off!

It might just get you both in a better holiday mood... Duh

Nagging or not, you know I love ya, kid.

kissies

Merme

#103077 December 8th, 2004 at 02:22 PM
Cindy's Cuz
Cindy's Cuz
16 days!!! frown

Maybe I shouldn't have got on here before work. eek

Yes, maybe we can help each other out. We DO need bourbon ball ingredients! I'll ride up with you, if you'll help me!!!!! muggs

Everybody have a good day!

Leslie flw

#103078 December 9th, 2004 at 09:27 PM
Mel took a photo of the Christmas tree and also of the hat, mitten and scarf set I made Maxi, as she said she would do. She will post it at some point for all of you to see.

Oh, and Cindy, just for you, she aimed the camera so as NOT to include a very messy telephone stand that is still near the tree. She told me you have "Eagle Eyes" for detecting small details in pictures. That has to be because you are such an artist, but even so, I didn't want an easily discernable mess put on-line for your perusal! laugh

Merme

#103079 December 9th, 2004 at 09:54 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
an easily discernable mess put on-line for your perusal!
Oh, come on, Merme! You should have included it!
I need all the entertainment I can get! laugh

Did you ever see the pictures of all our computer desks we put on here one day?
lala laugh

Cindy

#103080 December 10th, 2004 at 12:34 AM
Did you ever see the pictures of all our computer desks we put on here one day?
OMG, I asked her the same thing after I took the picture of her tree!! laugh laugh Here you go Merme, here's everybody's computer desk and keyboard stories

and here's Merme's angel
[Linked Image]

and the tree, sorry Merme the pic didn't come out very well but the good news is I don't think Cindy will be able to detect anything
[Linked Image]

and the absolutely adorable scarf/hat/mittens

[Linked Image]

and there'll be more about our visit later cuz I'm up to my eyeballs in this tonight with the kids and the sanddollars keep breaking and we had to stop for dinner and I was getting frustrated! [Linked Image]

#103081 December 10th, 2004 at 01:00 AM
Bill "Houston....we've got a problem!"

Why can't I see the photos Mel posted? I see only small boxes with little red X's in the center. Duh

I know my tree, my angel, and the mitten set don't look like that! laugh laugh

Orbiting in cyber space, seemingly losing touch with Ground Control, I remain faithfully yours,
Merme

#103082 December 10th, 2004 at 01:06 AM
Merme , I was gonna say that it must be a problem with your computer but now I can't see them either!?? Duh I could before when I posted them, and I saw them again a little bit ago but now they are gone??

Help!!!! eek

#103083 December 10th, 2004 at 01:08 AM
You could try going to my photo site http://community.webshots.com/user/melcon5

#103084 December 10th, 2004 at 01:14 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I copy/pasted the url and saw them.
Nice tree! thumbup
I don't think Cindy will be able to detect anything
I copied the photo so I could digitally enhance it and find SOMETHING!
laugh laugh laugh
The hat, scarf and gloves are neat! Is that what you're gonna teach me to do via the internet?
lala
I'm not blonde, but I missed a heck of a good chance! I can really see me learning to crochet over the internet! laugh Well, it will be good for a few good posts/laughs here! You all can feel free to make fun of me (like I had to give you my permission!). laugh

Cindy

#103085 December 10th, 2004 at 01:17 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I can see them all here now. nutz

#103086 December 10th, 2004 at 01:20 AM
Well, I don't see them now but I know I did before, Did I mess things up here or what??? Duh nutz

#103087 December 10th, 2004 at 01:51 AM
Yes, Cindy, Cindy, that's what I'm going to teach you how to do. I'm accumulating the COOLEST stuff for your lessons and am excited about it!

I just know you'll be able to do this easily and will enjoy it -- as long as Lola leaves you in peace for a few minutes while you are working and doesn't decide to nest in the yarn or steal your hooks. (I've collected you almost a whole set). The hooks are made in handsome colors of stainless steel, so they might be appealing to her.

The reason for the assortment of hooks is because with the proper hooks and textiles, you can make anything from lace to a living room rug....it's all the same technique and stitches, just in various sequences.

And oh THANKS for giving us permission to pick on you....you make yourself so accessible for that!

laugh laugh laugh

Merme

#103088 December 10th, 2004 at 01:51 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Maybe it's something wrong in Webshots right now.
I can't see 'em anymore, either.

or...maybe you broke something!
(You're in BIG trouble if you did! Mr. Bill will give you that frown look!)

cindy

#103089 December 10th, 2004 at 01:56 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
And oh THANKS for giving us permission to pick on you....you make yourself so accessible for that!
I know! laugh
It's my pleasure! wink

I could give you a real good one to make fun of me for right now, and it has a lot to do with crocheting... frown laugh

I'll be back in a minute with a picture and you will ROFL!

Cindy

#103090 December 10th, 2004 at 02:05 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
O.K.
See this "table cloth"? shk

Looks like it shrunk just a tad! laugh

BTW - I blurred my messes beside the table so YOU couldn't make fun of ME!

Cindy

#103091 December 10th, 2004 at 02:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh Cindy, I feel bad that you shrunk your table cloth.....I've done stuff like that before.....I shrunk one of my fav. sweatshirts the other day, and now it won't even fit my niece..... :rolleyes:

But......it's so funny seeing that tiny thing laying across your table knowing that it used to fit it!!!!!!!!! laugh

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard