This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#102264 October 14th, 2004 at 06:51 PM
OP Offline
Hi everybody wavey
I'm Diah from Indonesia and I'm 29 yo.
I've only taken up gardening 4 months ago by planting tomatoes from seeds I bought at a supermarket. Some of them are growing wonderfully and are about 20-30 cm tall now smile
A month after the tomatoes I progressed to Zinnia "Green Envy", Salvia "Dwarf Scarlet", and Amaranthus "Flying Colours".
They're slower than tomatoes (Zinnias are much faster than the other two, though) and I broke most of the Zinnias while transplanting them grinnnn

Since I live in Indonesia (right at the equatorial zone), I've been searching the web for tropical perennials and how to best grow them, but it's not easy to find them.
Can anybody help me on this?
Dozens of thanks for you.
DIAH

#102265 October 14th, 2004 at 07:25 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Hi, Diah!

See how addicting gardening is? laugh
And, it's so great having an addiction that doesn't hurt you!
(I guess maybe you could get hurt by "Gardening and Driving" at the same time, if you're like me and keep looking at every pretty yard you pass and stop paying attention to the ROAD!) lala

Welcome to the forum!

It's very nice to meet you!

Cindy

#102266 October 15th, 2004 at 04:51 AM
Hi Diah..welcome to the group!

i am sitting here,in Canada, with a sort of sadness in my heart. Today i put my garden to bed for the winter. i cut back some of my perrenials, mulched my beds, and turned my veggie garden.

and here you are...keen as anything, planting color and fruits! wow!! i think if you keep contributing to the boards..it will make our winter seem less dreary!

so please let us know how your things grow, and fill us in with all the colorful details! leave us with good images!

good to meet you, and have fun! flw

#102267 October 17th, 2004 at 08:32 AM
OP Offline
thank you for your warm welcome shocked
i'll try and post their pics when they're in bloom but i think it won't be for another two months or more right?

kit

Link Copied to Clipboard