This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#101664 July 16th, 2004 at 01:58 AM
Tempest Offline OP
OP Offline
nice changes. I like the touch with the lightbulbs. I have been ill & may have to undergo surgery. I am waiting to hear from the doctors. A few of my plants have been a little on the sickly side too, my tomatoes and peppers have been having mysterious problems with wilting leaves w/ no other side effects.. I am thinking it may be the heat. ters and when out watering today, the hose got caught and knocked over my poor fat froggy statue. It was a resin statue and broke in half. ters poor froggy. Hopefully the news from the doctors will be good. In the meantime I am just trying to be as non-miserable as possible.
Wish me luck-
Tempest

#101665 July 16th, 2004 at 02:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh tempest, i am sorry to hear all that... i'll be praying, and in the meantime, here are kissies

#101666 July 16th, 2004 at 04:07 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Jiffymouse says we care!
That's what I LOVE so much about this place!
We really DO care!
Please keep us posted.

Love,
Cindy

P.S. SUPERGLUE!!!

#101667 July 16th, 2004 at 05:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They're right, we really do all care smile .....hope that you are feeling better in no time....lots of love and prayers thumbup

Let us all know how you are feeling....

#101668 July 16th, 2004 at 06:56 AM
I hope everything goes well & will be praying for you. Hope your froggy gets better, too. flw I was just telling my husband how much I really love this site. It has been one of the brightest things in my life over the last couple of months. Everyone here is wonderful. cool

#101669 July 16th, 2004 at 03:57 PM
If Superglue doesn't work, try Silicon....that can fix almost anything!

#101670 July 21st, 2004 at 04:35 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Tempest,
How are you feeling??????
How's everything going with you??

(And I hate to hear about poor little froggies getting broke in half... eek grinnnn My personal fav!!

Really though, all kidding aside.... I really truely hope all is okay and you're feeling better.
Please keep us posted!! gab

Weezie

#101671 July 23rd, 2004 at 04:57 PM
Tempest Offline OP
OP Offline
I tried superglue on Froggy, but there were pieces missing and his poor belly had holes, eek so my husband made him disappear with the promise of a new froggy or maybe even two of them, (I wish I had've thought of duct tape, it may have covered the holes wink LOL Weezie....... I hear they used superglue to fix people in WWII.. pretty effective too I'll bet...
Well, the CTscan came back and I am told it is a stone lodged in the tube to my bladder. It really hurts too, they ain't kidding about that one- let me tell ya. I will see a Urologist soon & find out more from there. Thank you all for your hope and prayers, it is so nice to feel that there are so many here who really care. kissies angell muggs
You guys are wonderful.
To My Friends at The Gardener's Forum,
luv
Tempest

#101672 July 23rd, 2004 at 05:26 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Hopefully they can give you something to disolve the stone. Bad part is, when you go to one doctor, then get a diagnosis, they have to send you to another doctor that might take awhile to get into...all the while you are HURTING!!!

I could show you some pictures of how we hillbillies use duct tape! Amazing! I passed a mailbox the other day that was secured to the post with duct tape! I have to get a picture of that one! They must have used 2 or 3 ROLLS! Could have just bought a new mailbox for the money they had in the duct tape!

#101673 July 23rd, 2004 at 11:16 PM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
Hey Ms. Cindy, guess what i heard when i went to Texas!

Kentucky + Duct Tape = Chrome angell

#101674 September 12th, 2004 at 05:36 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hey Tempst,
Been wondering how you've been feeling???
Did you go to the doct's??
Hope everything is okay!!!
Keep us posted!!!
Weezie

#101675 September 12th, 2004 at 01:44 PM
Excuse my language, but your husband was probably right to make froggy disappear, you know what "they" say don't you;
"If you can't duct it #@#$ it!"

#101676 September 16th, 2004 at 01:17 PM
Tempest Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello all-
You guys are sweet people.
& No problem about the language.. He was right anyway.. lol. I am still alive. Not sure what is truly wrong with me, but still seeing doctors and doing tests- soooo, who knows? It has been two months of confusion. Hopefully they will figure something out soon, until then, I'll try not to be such a stranger.
Keep your fingers crossed and wish me luck.
Your Friend & Gardener,
Tempest~
P.S. Does anyone know what would cause Spearmint to have brown twisted tips and sparse leaves? I have tried pinching, there don't seem to be any sign of insects/webs/munch-marks. My other mints are doing just fine, the only ones affected are my 2 Spearmint plants & they are all in the same type & size pot, and the soil types are the same for all the mint plants too: Claylike w/ good drainage, rich black soil. Any thoughts?

#101677 September 19th, 2004 at 06:57 PM
K
KDH Offline
K
Hey Tempest,

You know, what you feel is always projected in your plants. When I went through a very difficult time in my life, my roses died, my African Violets became ill. I truly believe our plants take on the difficulties we experience. They love us and feel what we feel.

God Bless you, and please call upon the Angels, who are here to assist.

Kindest Regards,
Karen

Link Copied to Clipboard