This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#101485 June 30th, 2004 at 01:44 PM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
Who's been out fishing or boating?? wavey
Anyone??
I'm not a big fisherman,
but I thought some were from here......
Was just curious....
I always loved to go out on the boat and listen to the water though!!!

Weezie

#101486 June 30th, 2004 at 02:49 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I love to fish! [Linked Image]
But, I don't go with Andy anymore. When we divorced, I got the "Party Barge" (pontoon) that we always took fishing. It was so nice to be able to have room for a grill, lounge chairs, and even a bed! But, I SOLD it! So, all Andy has now is two "fishing" boats, with no bed! Not enough space for me. Guess you could say I got spoiled with the pontoon! I do miss fishing so much, though. What an awesome feeling when you get that "tug" on your line, and you start reeling it in and you can tell it's a HUGE fish!
Cindy

#101487 June 30th, 2004 at 04:25 PM
I love to fish too luv , but this summer I haven't had much opprotunity to go. My son & his girlfriend are out fishing every single day & they have caught some HUGE fish this year. My son is always throwing little ones into my pond:) I used to have just a few goldfish, but now I have a little crappie, bluegill, bass & even a perch swimming around in there too. My dad & I have gone to Canada & fished Lake Ontario a few times & we have had a blast. We rent a little cabin for a couple of weeks & spend everyday from dawn till dusk out in the boat. I have never caught many keepers, but I love going out there & trying:)
Chrissy

#101488 June 30th, 2004 at 04:47 PM
I love to fish almost as much as I love to hunt. I have not done much fishing though since moving to Georgia. I kinda got spoiled living in the Pacific Northwest. 3 different salmon runs every year, sturgeon, steelhead, 3 different kinds of trout, small mouth bass, walleye, etc....... plus the ocean fish, perch, snapper, tuna, halibut, etc... but I am going fishing this weekend with the father in law out on lake lanier. bass or crappie or blue gill, not sure which.

#101489 July 1st, 2004 at 09:31 PM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
I love fishing ^.^ I've been doing it since i was 8! Unfortunately, everything i've caught was either tiny, or it was huge, but it would swim somewhere i couldn't reel it in. Like between two logs or something... >.< i wana catch a big fish! *stomps* I almost caught a striper one time smile It ate the bate off the hook, and swam off though eek I'll get one one of these days!

I like shooting too ^.^ Not hunting, but i love shooting at bullseyes. I have two targets on my refrigerator right now smile I love it ^.^ So much fun! Probably the only game sport that i'm good at lol. I couldn't beleive it when i hit my first clay birdy smile the curved part on the back of the shotgun hit me in the eye though x.o so ya that was numb for a while lol.

#101490 July 1st, 2004 at 11:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We used to have a fishing boat but the hubby got pi**ed because I was the only one that ever caught anything,so he sold it :p . I still love to go fishing and everytime we go camping we all fish. I wish we went more often.

Karen grinnnn

#101491 July 3rd, 2004 at 05:03 AM
R
R
I have gone fishing a few times, but I havr never been able to catch a fish!! Everyone around me does but not me.

I love to canoe.

#101492 July 14th, 2004 at 03:05 PM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
Well, my husband got a little fishing pole for our oldest, and one for himself, and I am going to look for a lil~one for the wee~one somewhere's.
*so he's not left out of the mix*
I love the sound of the water, splashing against the boat or rocks, the sound of the birds around you... I like the smell of the air where you are
*although sometimes it can get kinda :p *
but just the feel of the day in general, on the boat with the kids, and the sunshine and the water.
Although I am in deep respect of the water when out in a large/deep area and have my children, and can't always totally relax now because I am always makin' sure everyone's ok!
But I've always enjoyed the boat and the water and the day of fun it brings *I don't actually like the fishin' part, especially when everyone's asking me for my garden worms frown mad :rolleyes: NO WAY!

Weezie

#101493 July 14th, 2004 at 03:34 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Weezie,
Wal-Mart has a killer fishing pole for kids. It's about 3 feet long, and even has cartoon characters on it. (I got Brennan the "Scooby Doo" pole!) It even comes with a plastic fish you can put on it, but it's actually a very nice little rod and reel combo that I used for jigging and snagging shad when Brennan wasn't using it! I reeled in a pretty good sized bass with it, and had no problem!

#101494 July 14th, 2004 at 05:34 PM
The wife, kids, my folks and I are renting a beachhouse on Galveston island for a week starting this coming Sunday. I can't wait to go back home. Living here in the desolate West Texas... one of the things I miss most besides regular rain is fishing the back bays of the Gulf Coast. I think I am most looking forward to taking my 6 yr old daughter in the boat and having some one-on-one time with her and the trout and the redfish (or spot-tails as she calls them). Or maybe some unadulterated nappage muggs

#101495 July 15th, 2004 at 02:51 AM
Went fishing again this last weekend for a few hours. I caught 3 bass, 3,2,2 lbs. and 1 5 lb. catfish. grinnnn :p

Link Copied to Clipboard