This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#101240 October 27th, 2004 at 02:15 PM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
Who's ready for Halloween???
angell confused teech smile shocked mad

What is everyone doing for Halloween?
Got your decorations up?
Your Halloween candy boughten?
What do you do for Halloween?

Do you like to go Tricks~er~Treatin' or
Handing out candy better????

Weezie

#101241 October 27th, 2004 at 02:34 PM
I don't get trick or treaters out here where I am. I have to take my daughter to town to trick or treat. So I don't do alot of decorations. Just a few for her. But I'm ready. Just hope it doesn't rain on us. frown

#101242 October 27th, 2004 at 02:45 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Does THIS look scarey? ? ? sca
[Linked Image]
Look at the MEAN eyes on this witch! laugh

Brennan took this picture while we were trying on costumes. (Pretty good for a 5 year old!) I was gonna be a witch to give out candy, but Lola is afraid of the hat. So, I guess it's the usual pirate with a live parrot on her shoulder again this year.

Cindy

#101243 October 27th, 2004 at 03:31 PM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
How about you be a tree for Lola to sit in??? thumbup

Or a Cage??? (get a big box, cut slat's in it,
and you be on the inside and she can be on the outside, hehehehehe!) angell

Or get yourself a black and white striped outfit, and you both can be "jail~birds"... laugh

Weezie

#101244 October 27th, 2004 at 03:44 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
OMG! Those are GOOD! laugh

#101245 October 27th, 2004 at 05:38 PM
LOL!! Those are great!

I'm ready for Halloween! Decorations out, pumpkin carved (usual PSU logo), candy into little candy sacks. On Saturday we're going to a marching band competition that my niece is in and then going to a Halloween party. We don't usually dress up, but I might just to surprise people. I'll have to see if I have any overalls so that I can be a cowgirl. I don't usually dress up, really don't like it. But if I'm just a cowgirl, I can take the hat off and be "normal" (haha...yeah right). That way I can play poker with ease and take EVERYONE'S money! muggs Sunday is trick or treat for our area. Noel and her boyfriend are going Trick or treating for UNICEF in our area. We're also going to go down the street to a "Light the Night" thing that our church does at various homes in the county.

#101246 October 27th, 2004 at 05:41 PM
TOTALLY forgot to tell you what I'm making for the party!! Kitty Litter Cake and Eyeballs!!! Heehee!!! Kitty Litter Cake

#101247 October 27th, 2004 at 05:48 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
laugh laugh laugh
That kitty litter cake is GROSS :p looking!
How could you even EAT it? laugh
GREAT idea for Halloween! thumbup

I can take the hat off and be "normal"
hmmm..... nutz wonder if that would work for me? lala

#101248 October 27th, 2004 at 06:25 PM
We can always hope. smile laugh kissies

#101249 October 27th, 2004 at 07:03 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
was getting on here to tell you about my sis's dalmation that is going to be a ladybug for Halloween...and then saw the kitty litter cake...HOW DISGUSTING!!!! however..after my tour of duty as a bakery owner, there are a few customers I would like to send one to! shocked

#101250 October 27th, 2004 at 07:25 PM
Oh NO ! Kitty litter cake!! eek I could NEVER! Ugh, Blah, gross. Oh God, I'm gagging, but thank you , now I don't need lunch :p :p

#101251 October 27th, 2004 at 09:07 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
laugh I love that kitty litter cake...my sister made one for me a few years ago... :p ...she has also taken them to the kids school (elementary school) for a special occasion...
some of the kids refused to eat it!!! laugh laugh laugh

#101252 October 28th, 2004 at 12:34 AM
That cake is ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!! And BRILLIANT! What kid could refuse that?

I can't WAIT for Halloween to come. If I don't get rid of all that candy soon, I'm gonna gain 15 pounds.

#101253 October 28th, 2004 at 04:33 AM
I just love the finishing touch of the tootsie roll poop. I don't have any here, so I'm going to have to remember to buy a few from the candy lady at the market tomorrow. I'll be sure to take pictures of the cake and the eyeballs when I'm done making them!

#101254 October 28th, 2004 at 06:20 AM
I have a costume for Halloween but nowhereto go, we only get about 20 kids come through here so I don't know if I'll bother with handing out candy this year.

My costume is really neat though,I did it last year and it worked well enough that one of my best friends had to ask who I was.
I dressed up as a Drow Preistess (for those that don't know Drow are a subterrain race of Dark elves). I had this really cute black outfit on (black tank top and a leather skirt(from value village) adjusted to contain chainmail) my roommate had fun withit too cause they had to paint my hair white and then I had to paint the shoing skin (arms and face) black. Hair up with little letter opener swords, and spider jewlery galore and a really nice sheer cape with silver wbs on it.

Easily the coolest costume I've ever had

#101255 October 28th, 2004 at 02:45 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I have a costume for Halloween but nowhere to go,
I have no where to go, either! I'm just dressing up to entertain my own bad self! laugh

adjusted to contain chainmail
Duh nutz
What the he!!? What's that? nutz laugh

Cindy

#101256 October 28th, 2004 at 03:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
adjusted to contain chainmail
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the he!!? What's that?
chainmail

G-Mom grinnnn

#101257 October 28th, 2004 at 03:25 PM
Shani, sounds like you were pretty hot! shocked You need to put that armour on and get out to some clubs this Halloween! thumbup

#101258 October 28th, 2004 at 03:34 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Thanks for the link, G-Mom!
I guess I'm a little out of touch, huh?
Maybe I should get some of that to wear around all these animals I have that like to bite me!

#101259 October 31st, 2004 at 07:51 PM
we tore the side of the skirt and with 10 lb testfishing line sewed in 2 sections of cains main and put a chain linked belt on it, it is rather cute,

#101260 October 31st, 2004 at 09:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Had a successful night of giving out candy......over 300 pieces and I still had a few pieces left for me to eat! thumbup

#101261 October 31st, 2004 at 10:31 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
We had quite a night here with trick-or-treating! laugh

Lola stays on my shoulder the entire time, and all the kids freak when they see her. When they get their candy and start walking away, she would holler "Hey! Come here!" So, they'd turn around and start back and I'd say "It was the bird...not me." As soon as they'd turn around again and start leaving, "Hey! Can't you hear? Get back here!" A never-ending vicious cycle.

And the dog mad .....
Hell dev Hound stole a bag of popcorn out of a big box I had in the floor...giving it out to the trick-or-treaters with the candy. He got REAL possessive with it...carried it around the house looking for a place to hide it. Then, when the door was open for the next batch of kids, he ran out the door with it and buried it in the center garden. THEN, he tried to attack every kid that walked up, protecting his "stash". Finally got him back inside on a leash until the kids stopped coming. When I tried to take the leash off, he nailed me real good in that part of my hand between my thumb and finger...bled like a stuck pig.

ahhhhhh.....it's over!

[Linked Image]

#101262 October 31st, 2004 at 11:08 PM
Meg Offline
We're not having trick or treat till tonight. I guess ya'll had it last night. I've already been nibbling the peanut butter kisses I bought. The girls opened the dum dum lolipops & started on them. Ok, I had to go buy another bag of candy. LOL.

Meg

#101263 October 31st, 2004 at 11:27 PM
Hi everyone ~

Years ago, I worked for an eye doctor and me and my husband at the time decided to go out trick or treating as a pair of glasses. We made the glasses out of giant hoops I constructed out of unbent hangers and covered them with white tissue paper. The hoops were as tall as we were. Dressed completely in black, we looked like pupils standing behind the lenses. I also made wild, curly eyebrows to perch on top of our heads above the rim of the glasses. We went through the neighborhood where my boss lived, singing things such as "I Only Have Eyes For You" and making cracks like "We wanted to make spectacles of ourselves." It was pretty fun.

Our house now though is located between a rehab center for alcoholic men and a funeral home....none of the kids come down our drive. Too bad, I love giving out candy.

Plus our town always has a Spook Parade and any kid in a costume can march in it along with the bands and the fire trucks and cop cars. They walk about a mile to the fire dept where there is a giant party complete with hay rides. So lots of the kids don't try to hit all the neighborhoods around town, knowing how much they will get along the parade route and at the party.

It's a little lonely here tonight without Maxi at home.

Merme

#101264 October 31st, 2004 at 11:35 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
So, what kind of costume did Maxi wear this Halloween?
Guess what Brennan is dressed as..... laugh
[Linked Image]

Cindy
[Linked Image]

#101265 November 1st, 2004 at 02:46 AM
I didn't get a good picture but my boy was the same exact thing! He was so excited because he had "boobs" ! nutz

#101266 November 1st, 2004 at 02:47 AM
Oh and what a great Spiderman he is, too! How old is your Brennan?

Maxi had a Spiderman costume two years ago and it's one of the things he likes to wear to church from time to time. Some of the other boys also have them, and they plan to all show up on the same Sunday. Then our parish is well protected from all enemies with so many Spidermans on the prowl!

This year Maxi went out as Yu-Gi-Oh! the character so beloved by the 8 to 10 year old crowd, it seems. Maxi's dad spent a fortune on the costume at a specialty shop and it was so shabbily made, I was shocked when we opened the package. The shirt wasn't even hemmed, so it was already ravelling.

So....since Yu-gi dresses in purple, I found a purple turtleneck in almost the exact color and I cut the front off of the expensive costume and hot glued it to the front of the turtleneck, matching up the neck, armholes and sides. Of course I also hot glued it to myself, but, once that was over....I had to apply binding along the bottom edge to stop that blasted fraying it was so bad. Anyway, then I found purple pants in a sweatshirt weight fabric and cut them down for the kid. All of this at the last minute, no less.

So he was resplendant as Yu-Gi and was so so happy about it.

I'm gonna tell my Ex not to waste his cash next year but to give me the dollars and let me go to the fabric store and do it from scratch. MUCH EASIER!

Merme

#101267 November 1st, 2004 at 02:56 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Brennan was Spiderman 2 years ago, too!
He had a homemade costume then.
[Linked Image]
Last year he was Buzz Lightyear.

He's 5 years old now...just started school.

Cindy

#101268 November 1st, 2004 at 04:33 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Hell dev Hound is STILL guarding his popcorn...
.....27 hours and counting.
[Linked Image]

Cindy

#101269 November 1st, 2004 at 04:48 AM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
Welllllllllll, I was ready for Halloween, and I"m still buzzin' on all the candy to prove it!!!

Had an excellant night, my girlfriend came down with her kid and we all went down the street, and they got tons of candy, I left them a bit early and went back to my door, *cause I noticed my husband wasn't answering the door, after I gave him instructions as to what to do,
"LIKE HAND OUT THE CANDY WHEN THE DOORBELL RANG!!! :rolleyes: Duh frown

Any how, then they all came back and by that time the street was alive with tricker treaters, I like to discribe it, like filming a Stephen King movie, it's all quiet on the street, the wind is bone chilling cold and it runs right thru you, you look up and down the street and not a soul is there, and all of a sudden the wind kicks up and swirls the dead and decaying leaves around in a circle, a mind chilling dazing circle, you're dazed, from the numbing cold, oh, er, um, got carried away there, then all of a sudden some one yells, "ACTION" and all of a sudden the children escape onto the street, running wild in their costumes, with frivolously abandous mad dashes, here and then there. It's a mad house, up and down the street, children in blood drenched clothing, skulls and cross bones, gaping mouths, oh, yeah, little Winnie the Poohs, and Faeries, and Princess's too, and yes, you can't forget the Yu~Gi~Oh's too!!!
With wild glazed stares at your Candy Treat Bowl, can't figure out, which goodie to take, which treat they'll treat their sweet tooth with, and the look of relief, when you tell them, "Take Two".

Oh, I had sooooooooooooo much fun!!!
And what a bonus, I still got some left after, 2 giaganto bags, and 8 bags of assorted candies.
*I can never make up my mind as to what I really want to hand out, so I like to torture the kids, and tell them to "Pick ONE out!!!" and then tell them "To Take Two, they're small" wink laugh cool

Weezie

#101270 November 1st, 2004 at 06:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If any of you hear me talking about my niece athena here she is.....I love her so much it isn't even funny....she's at her aunt loz's house all the time--lucky for me she only lives 2 minutes away.....isn't she cute????? Princess Athena.... thumbup

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#101271 November 1st, 2004 at 03:12 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
She's precious! I love the PINK costume!

Is it my imagination, or does she look a lot like YOU?

Cindy

#101272 November 1st, 2004 at 06:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually it's funny you say that.....Athena and I got into an argument the other day.....mom has a picture of me at her house when I was the same age and I was showing Athena....I said look it's aunt loz when I was little.....she said No, that's not you....that's Athena..... laugh

That toy she's hitting is the one she was deathly afraid of....she used to say to me...."let's go the back way".....so she could avoid the front porch where it is....finally after weeks of telling her it's just a toy that talks and moves she got up enough nerve to hit it......lol

#101273 November 1st, 2004 at 06:47 PM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
We have one of those too Loz, ours is a white ghost and it shakes and moans when someone walks by it... I think someone put an end to it last night though, it stopped shaking, gotta have the hubby look at it...???

Athena's very precious!!!!
Weezie

Pictures of Weezie's Scarey Halloween Porch

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

#101274 November 1st, 2004 at 06:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weezie, she stole my heart and I'm just her aunt....lol Can't imagine how a mother feels.

That halloween thing is my husbands best friend...lol He is always laughing and setting it off. Next year we'll get the one you have and put it on the other side of the door.... wavey

#101275 November 1st, 2004 at 07:05 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
COOL PICS! thumbup

Looks like a big job!

#101276 November 1st, 2004 at 07:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oooo I'd be scared to go on your porch back when I was a kid...lol It looks great Duh My neighbors bring out huge speakers and play music that half the neighborhood can probably hear....lol

#101277 November 2nd, 2004 at 02:09 AM
Meg Offline
Loz, she is such a cutie!!

Weezie, your house looks soooo cool!!

We saw a really cool house last night. They had a complete graveyard, good size. And pumpkins lining the front of the house, up the steps and across the porch, there had to be at least 20 specially carved pumpkins!

I don't remember if I shared pics of my girls in thier halloween costumes. I haven't uploaded the ones from last night yet, but this is right after we got thier costumes last week..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Meg

#101278 November 2nd, 2004 at 06:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Meg your kids look great! thumbup Glad you posted the pics.

Did they get a ton of candy???

Kids across America are officially on a sugar high I do believe...... laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard