This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#100872 November 28th, 2004 at 02:19 AM
I was up a 7am. Got to Wally world at 8, I got 2 27in flat tv's for $180 each. I also got some decorations. A 2ft tree, some lights, a star and glass "bulbs" to put on the tree. When I left my bill was $423!!! Then I had to figure out how to get the tvs home. onr fit in the back seat the ohter was hanging out the trunk. But I made it. When I got home I had to wake Robby up to help me bring them in. He was so POed at me. He thought I was kidding about getting the TV's! Well ha on him! laugh :p

#100873 November 28th, 2004 at 03:25 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
frown frown frown lala

#100874 November 28th, 2004 at 07:02 PM
J
J
This will be the first year ever that we will not have a Xmas tree kissies Would you all believe, l never go shopping for pressies until 4days before xmas day muggs
I love Christmas with the family, and all the traditions.

Doreen.

#100875 November 28th, 2004 at 08:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doreen I agree with you.....I love all the traditions of christmas......Do you have your christmas crackers with your dinner?

I used to be a last minute shopper, but I found that waiting stressed me out even more....lol So now I'll start buying bits and pieces right after xmas and putting them back....when all the sweaters are on clearance and such.

#100876 November 28th, 2004 at 08:58 PM
J
J
loz, yes we do have crackers, what l do with them, l open them up very carefully, and put a lottery ticket and a scratch card in each one. Last year lt was funny, because we all sit in the same seats each year, my hubby decided to change seats with me, guess what l won £50.00. on the scratch card laugh
doreen. thumbup

#100877 November 29th, 2004 at 01:33 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Hhmmm.....you are all making me feel really bad, so now I guess my idea of throwing some lights on Mr. & Mrs. Pilgrim is out! I am always much to tired and FULL after Thanksgiving to even THINK about Christmas (not my favorite holiday in the first place!) Although I am going to HAVE to put up a tree (by force only) for the baby...Oh, great, so now the tree I didn't want to decorate at all...I will get to decorate EVERYDAY! BAH HUMBUG!!!

#100878 November 29th, 2004 at 03:08 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
***Vanessa,
BAH HUMBUG!!!
I know that feeling sometimes, very well.
But after I FINALLY get that darn tree up,
I do get that squwishy feeling *and say to myself, how come I didn't get it up sooner :rolleyes: shocked *

But when those wee~one's see it and gaze and dream in front of it, it really does make it all
seem worth while..*although, all the work of undoing it is somewhere's right there*
too Duh

****Doreen,
You lucky~lucky girl!!!
Ask him if he wants to change seats again THIS YEAR????? laugh

Weezie

#100879 November 29th, 2004 at 03:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I got all my Christmas stuff out and have decorated the inside,now I'm gonna concentrate on the outside and save the tree for last(how can something soooo pretty be such a pain in the @$$! Duh )

I LOVE CHRISTMAS cool

G-Mom grinnnn

#100880 November 29th, 2004 at 04:06 AM
Tomorrow I am going to clean my entire downstairs and then start putting up our Christmas lights......basically I'll just make another mess for me to clean up! :rolleyes: I am going to start out by cutting the zip ties on the iscicle lights and then will put up a second layer to make them look really good. I hate putting up those lights when they are brand new. They are all zig-zaggy. I usually tape skewers to them to make them stay straight!! smile

We will get our tree later also. I will have to get out alllllll of the ornaments. Stephen has a whole bunch of the Hallmark ones...he gets the Star Trek space ships every year. He has all of them except for the first one. I looked into getting it for him last Christmas, but it was selling for like $300!!! shk So forget about that!!

#100881 November 29th, 2004 at 04:55 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I usually tape skewers to them to make them stay straight!!
sca
Can we say...
...obsessive/compulsive?
laugh

#100882 November 29th, 2004 at 05:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I usually tape skewers to them to make them stay straight!!
If I did that I wouldn't get to watch George try and put them up thumbup grinnnn

#100883 November 29th, 2004 at 05:08 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
laugh

lala

#100884 November 29th, 2004 at 05:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then by the time he gives up...they are all untangled and straightened out thumbup laugh

G-Mom grinnnn

#100885 November 29th, 2004 at 06:39 PM
Does anyone who has cats put garland up? I want to put it on one of our massive doorways in the house, but I'm afraid the cats will shred it. I just caught the baby cat trying to eat my spider plant! I saw the end of one of the leaves was shreded, but it was dry because it was Stephen's grandmom's plant and after she died, nobody watered the plant, so I brought it home to try to save it. That plant is over 30 years old!! Anyways, do you think the cats will mess with the garland if I put it up? They don't mess witht the tree.

#100886 November 29th, 2004 at 06:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Doreen, I was telling my mom today about you again, and how all the men go to the Pub on xmas while you cook--she got a laugh out of that and said that quite a few years they all went to the Pub on Xmas while all the grandkids stayed with my Nana while she cooked dinner. She too said that they all came back in the xmas spirit after that...lol I told her how you put scratch offs in the crackers and I could literally see her gears turning......we just may get them in our crackers this year too!!!! She also said that she bets your husband kicked himself for changing seats with you! laugh They are heading to England next summer for 3 months--they're so lucky!

Jenn, hmmmmmm I don't know about the garland and your cats.....my sisters cat scratched and clawed at everything in sight.....but, if your cats don't mess with your tree then maybe they won't mess with the garland.....Maybe you could just put it across the very top of your doorway where they wouldn't be able to get to it. Duh I guess it just depends on the temperment of your cats.

#100887 November 30th, 2004 at 06:25 AM
I guess I can try. I'd just hate to spend the money on the garland and then have them tear it up. I'd make it myself, but I'm really allergic to the pine. I get pooka dots on my skip wherever I get poked by the needles. I tried to make garland last year and it was NOT a pretty site!

#100888 November 30th, 2004 at 06:43 AM
Jenn- I don't know about the garland, but I know my cats eat icicles, which is very bad for them, so we can't use icicles anymore. Do your cats do that?

#100889 November 30th, 2004 at 06:46 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I just caught the baby cat trying to eat my spider plant!
What is the deal with cats eating spider plants?

Barleychown sent me a bunch of different plants, and my cat went straight to the spider plants when I was unpacking the box and started eating them!

Duh

#100890 November 30th, 2004 at 06:52 AM
I think Snot was going after it because I have it hanging in a corner of our living room and she could just barely reach it if she was standing on the arm of the sofa. I tied a knot in the top of the plant hanger and now it is out of her reach.

She is one of the reasons why I don't put pointsettias around the house for Christmas, although I'd really really love to, I'm afraid Snot and Thumbs and Coho would try to eat them and get sick!! sca

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard