This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#100847 November 19th, 2004 at 05:48 PM
Hisgal2......HEY!!! Whats the skinney on getting skinney???????
Do tell......I won't go unless I drop some pounds.
Linda

#100848 November 20th, 2004 at 01:46 AM
Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving and its the most wonderful shopping day of the year!!! There are all these sales...stores open at like 6 in the morning....oh, its sooooo fun!!!!

I started out with the South Beach Diet, which is wonderful, by the way. I lost 15 pounds in the first two weeks! There is a book and then there is another book...like a recipe book or something. We onlyhave the book that tells you about it and why you do things and stuff. Its good...there are recipes in the middle of the book too. Stephen is having wonderful success with it. I have slowed down with it because...well, I just don't know why! So, now I am drinking 8 ounces of water with lemon juice in it before I eat everything...dinner, breakfast, snacks, ...everything. Its working pretty well. I've dropped about 5 pounds since I've started it....thanks to Jiffy, she told me about it.

#100849 November 20th, 2004 at 09:35 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Okay...I am stayin home with you guys that don't shop! I have had my Christmas shopping done for a while now and it was ALL delivered to the house. I can handle shopping for groceries once a month and that is about the extent of it. I had never heard it called black Friday...I did know that it is the largest shopping day of the year...and the one time I did venture out, I drove by Wal-Mart at 5:30am and there were woman FIGHTING in the parking lot!PLEASE don't EVER make me go shopping...I would rather stay home and clean house...my house your house...any ones house...just NO shopping. I will baby sit the kids, de-bone the Turkey,clip the cat's claws...ANYTHING. besides...I am having to decorate for Christmas for the first time in 5 years....that is traumatic enough...can you imagine how many moths & boogers are going to be in those boxes? :rolleyes:

#100850 November 20th, 2004 at 05:04 PM
I've got the south beach diet too. I haven't started it yet(Procrastinating)...but i do have both books...it does sound great, but i have to go slowly with my husband...those first two weeks without rice, pasta, potatoes, bread, etc...has him just about in a state of shock!!!
...looking forward to it though, but i keep putting it off because we have a large family, and buying food for our diet and then for the rest of the kids is a little daunting, as well as cooking two sets of meals. Our kids don;t need the restrictions set out for those first 2 weeks, so it's gonna take a good bit of planning.
But I think i would recommend this diet to anyone, just from reading the book. It sounds like it would benefit just about everyone...especially diabetics.
Wish we had Black Friday up here in the North!! angell <><

#100851 November 20th, 2004 at 10:44 PM
Hey Ruddy! You can come clean my house on Black Friday!!! I will DEFINATELY take you up on that offer!!! While your at it, can you teach my husband to clean up after himself? laugh

Oh man...I can't wait until Black Friday! I think I will venture out to the Park City Mall in Lancaster and then hit the stores around here on my way home. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!! luv

#100852 November 21st, 2004 at 02:09 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
I would be more than happy to come clean your house! And, I am good BUT...I don't think anyone is good enough to teach a MAN how to clean up after himself! Duh

Okay..so now I have to map out how to get from, AR. to PA...by Friday...LOL laugh laugh laugh

#100853 November 21st, 2004 at 09:06 PM
That shouldn't be a problem....we can get to Florida in 2 1/2-3 days. smile Ok, so you clean the house and I'll do my shopping.....and any of yours that you need to get done. laugh Anyone else want me to do their shopping??

#100854 November 22nd, 2004 at 02:24 AM
Vanessa- you can clean my apartment too! kissies

#100855 November 22nd, 2004 at 04:14 AM
So....I said to Stephen today "I'm going to go shopping on Friday" he said "no your not, your going spending" Indeed!!! smile laugh

#100856 November 23rd, 2004 at 05:12 AM
Ok, all you shoppers out there!!!...

I don't know if you saw the commercials on TV or not, but Target is doing this totally great thing! They will actually call you and give you a wake-up call on Friday or Saturday morning! Its because they are having a massive sale, but I'm using it as a way to get up for my Black Friday shopping. All you have to do is go to Target.com and at the bottom of the screen they have an advertisment for it. You can pick 1 of 8 different characters to wake you up. Stephen picked Darth Vader and I picked Ice T.

#100857 November 23rd, 2004 at 07:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's too funny....a black friday wake up call from Darth Vader and Ice T....... laugh We don't have a Target around here.....but I've been to them before....liked it.

Got the Walmart shopping paper yesterday for Black Friday....they have a few good deals but nothing that really screams out to me.....Thanksgiving Day is when our area puts all the sale papers in......so I can't wait to get that so we can figure out where the heck we are going to go. thumbup

#100858 November 24th, 2004 at 10:47 PM
I, personally, don't shop at Target, but thought the wake-up call would be fun. Yeah, I got the Wal-mart paper today also...didn't see anything I was interested. Well.....there is that $20 smoothie maker, but its just a blender with a nozzle in the front of it. smile

#100859 November 27th, 2004 at 05:47 PM
How was everyone's Black Friday experience?? Mine was GREAT! The only thing I wasn't happy with was that Target's wake-up call didn't work. Well, it worked, it was just an hour and a half late. I think they had more of a response with that than they bargained for. ANYWAYS. I got up at 5, picked my niece up at 6:15 and was in Lancaster at the Park City Mall at 7:00. We hit Kohl's first (didn't know they opened at 5:30!!! mad ). I got Stephen a couple of really nice dress shirts that come with silk ties for 17.99 each and got Victoria(friend's daughter) a Peek-a-blocks set with an elephant thingie for 50% off...which made it only $15!! smile Then we went upstairs to FYE where Noel got her boyfriend something. Then off to Hallmark to get my MIL something. I got her a snowman made by StoneCreek. I think that's what its called. I don't know if anyone knows what that is. Have you ever gone in there and they have this nativity set where everything in the set is wearing something that is a quilt pattern? That is made by the same guy. We got her the whole nativity last year. A few months ago I saw that they make snowmen with the quilt patterns on them. Well, MIL loves snowmen, so that's what I got her. Then off to Sears to try to find something for FIL.....no luck..he's a HARD person to shop for. So, we were done at the mall. 9:30....2 1/2 hours...that was it. Not to shabby. So, we came home and then went to Friendly's for lunch...but it was still breakfast time..so we got breakfast. laugh Then we waited for my sister to get home and we went out again. We went to Reading China a glass and I found a thermometer that goes into a wine bottle....that is for the FIL (he makes wine). I also found a garlic baker thingie...thats for the BIL. Off to Ulta where I got a huge make-up set for my SIL for only $10 (with the coupon that I had)!! Great deal! Then we went to dinner and then to Big Lots! where I found way too much stuff for me and a couple of other gifts for people. laugh And wrapping paper...which I really don't need, but an addicted to. I've been told that I've been cut off.....but what Stephen doesn't know won't hurt me! laugh

So I left the house at 5:45 and got home at 9:30 lastnight.....a good day spent, I believe! And I only spent $200! smile

#100860 November 27th, 2004 at 06:02 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Jenn,
I thought about you everytime I saw the news reports of the shopping MADNESS yesterday! laugh

And people think I'm crazy! nutz lala

laugh laugh laugh

Cindy

#100861 November 27th, 2004 at 06:09 PM
Cindy, it was sooo great!! We waited for 45 minutes to check out at Kohl's. I didn't mind the wait tho....you can't expect anything else on Black friday. smile Overall, things weren't too bad where I went. I avoided Best Buy, which had a checkout line that was 2 hours long. sca I only wish I would have known that Kohl's was open at 5:30 so I could have beat the late people that I was with when we got there at 7!

#100862 November 27th, 2004 at 06:13 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Cindy, it was sooo great!! We waited for 45 minutes to check out at Kohl's.
shk

nutz

lala

#100863 November 27th, 2004 at 06:16 PM
Hey, what can I say...I love, LOVE,
LOVE it!!

#100864 November 27th, 2004 at 06:49 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
laugh
My daughter's boyfriend was at Wal-Mart at 5 a.m. yesterday morning. (She was in bed!) laugh

While he was in line he was talking with another guy who was there for the same thing, and they agreed that whoever could get to the front of the display they were headed for would throw the other guy some of whatever it was they were after. Jeremy helped the other guy get to the stuff, and then the other guy grabbed a bunch of the stuff and Jeremy lifted his hands up to catch what the guy was supposed to throw him. The guy yelled "Sorry buddy! That's part of it!" and took off! He couldn't even spare 10 seconds to throw something to him!
I don't have a bad temper at all, but that would REALLY make me MAD! mad

And, I just stayed home all day, only left the house to fill the birdfeeders up! laugh thumbup

cindy

#100865 November 27th, 2004 at 07:34 PM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Crazy!! shk nutz

I stayed home to dig out my christmas decorations...I think I have a problem. A BIG one!!

*Hello, my name is Sarah, and I am a Christmas addict* laugh

#100866 November 27th, 2004 at 07:35 PM
Well, I broke the carnal rule of Christmas shopping. I bought myself some stuff. Our rule is that you don't buy yourself anything after Thanksgiving. Oh well. I doubt very much that someone would have gotten my a coat rack for my wall........now watch me get one! :rolleyes:

#100867 November 27th, 2004 at 07:48 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I stayed home to dig out my christmas decorations...
Well, don't do what I did the other day!
I strung those icicle lights all the way across the front of the house before thinking that I might ought to plug them in before I went any further.
mad
Half of them would NOT light, so I'm up on a 12' step ladder (not good!) trying to find the problem...
...which I never found so I had to take them all back down!

Jenn...if anyone else is gonna hang a coat on that coat rack, you are in the clear! It wouldn't be just for "you"! Just a technicality, I know, but an arguable one! thumbup laugh

#100868 November 27th, 2004 at 07:53 PM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Thanks for mentioning that Cindy...I think I'm in the clear, so far...we bought new lights this year for the outside of the house, blue and frosted white icicle ones...

I spent yesterday building wreaths and wrestleing 6' santa, mrs. santa and frosty into position on my porch.

If my husband ever wakes up, we are going to go trample through the forest looking for the 'perfect' christmas tree! grinnnn

#100869 November 27th, 2004 at 08:03 PM
I keep my iscicle lights up all year round. When it isn't Christmas time, I zip tie the iscicles to the main wire and they act as a porch light for our porch because I hanf them from the inside of the porch roof. I don't put them up anywhere else. I have to wait until Stephen fixes the Jeep for us to get our tree. I don't think we have any trees that I could actually cut around here.

#100870 November 27th, 2004 at 09:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, we got up at 4:15AM---went up and picked up my 14 year old nephew who begged to go with us(which shocked me, didn't think he'd want to go).....Set off for a sporting store Dunhams which opened at 5:30....got in, got out fast. Went to Value City where I got comforter sets for 9.99 each(any size)....they only had 2 queens and I bought them both(one for me :rolleyes: ) Got some PS2 games for 9.99(very cheap).....headed off to Gabriel Brothers--got some really great deals there.....a 2xlt shirt for my brother for 6.99 regularly 48 bucks.....He's not big, just really tall 6'4" so when I can find shirts that will actually fit him I get excited. Got a lot of stuff in that store....fantastic deals....next we headed to Lowes where I got 2 beautiful pointsettias for 2 bucks each(and they are really full and healthy), then we were off to Ollies Bargain Outlet where I bought more for myself.... :p but they were xmas stuff.....a huge xmas picture, and some auto on window candles......then we were off to McDonalds for a fast, cheap breakfast.....we were all so tired at that point.....and it was only around 10am.....lol Headed home after that and got everything wrapped up! With 3 of us going shopping the car was loaded down to maximum capacity!!!! I'm now 98 percent done my family and friends shopping, although we still have the inlaws which are soooooooo difficult....

Putting up my outdoor lights this weekend.....they kind of neat.....arch lights that are long on the ends and shorter in the middle, like an arch.....we have 2 big windows out front that we are hanging them across.....we aren't doing the lights off of the porch gutters this year....it's just too much, and my hubby has to climb out on the roof to do it.....

#100871 November 27th, 2004 at 10:08 PM
Sounds like you were busy! I was about ready to drop around 10:30, but I pushed through it! laugh And I'm really tired today! I ventured out to the mall today (where my Hallmark is). It was pretty busy...so busy that Stephen couldn't even go eat lunch with me!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard