This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#100622 November 6th, 2003 at 05:31 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
I'd like to do a few wood stencil cut out thinggys i know you've seen them out and about before,but not located any online can print up yet...do they go by another name maybe?I'm actually looking for a fish(like a bass or catfish) or an eagle.hubby has a router and i know how to use it.....when hes not around of course.I looked in walmart to see of patternbook but we have a lousey super walmart.they don't even carry candle wax...she even looked at me strange like why would i buy wax to make candle...LOL
I'm wanting to do a bass fish for BIL for his lakelot for on door& the eagle one is for neighbor& hubby.i already have the scrap wood& is hid& have just enough walnut stain to do the wood in

#100623 November 6th, 2003 at 06:47 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
I'm interested in starting this kind of project it has been on my kit

#100624 November 6th, 2003 at 07:03 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
so your a collecter of kittys....got any cross stitch kittys?fixing to do a hand towel for friend and shes into kittys.just did her daughter a kitty in window watching it snow outside for her birthday.was a 5x7.I'd like one of kitty playing with ball of yarn.if i could just lift a ball out of something...lol I guess I'd need a kitty too for her and others i know.i like long haired ones.they look better

#100625 November 7th, 2003 at 02:08 AM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Haven't learned how to needle point yet but I have a few I purchased recently to learn on. Then watch out!! Yep....you guessed it kitties!!! I just learned how to crochet. 3rd try was the charm. The first time it kept getting tighter and ended up looking like a candy cane....had a good chuckle over that one.....one lady wanted to paint it with red and white to make a candy cane.LOL I have never done any sewing so it feels really awkward. Starting with single crochet. Attempting to make a little baby blanket for my nieces little baby doll. Then I will work up to a full baby blanket for my grandaughter. I want to learn how to triple crochet and then I will be starting on the needlepoint! Never enough hours in the day to do all these things. I hate to have to lay down. I have always wanted to work with wood. I just s*ck at painting! My friend who lives by Lake Elsinore paints so I will have her do that part in exchange for doing the wood cutting! My grandma used to have a corner cat that sat on the top of the door corner. Just basic blk...no major shading and eyes to paint! Yea I am starting a lot of projects....think it is related to being a new first time gma. Gosh the sound of that makes me feel OLD!!!! Can't get used to it yet! Yep kitty collector of all sorts. When my daughter and I go shopping kit

#100626 November 7th, 2003 at 05:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Karen, I learned how to crochet when I was 12, my mom taught me....Let me just tell you that my nephews baby blanket I made for him was pretty awful....LOL It was wider at one end than it was on the other and it curled up in the corners, but my mom still has it in her linen closet.... smile Now I'm crocheted out....I've made blankets for everyone I can think of.....kind of burns you out after a while, so about 4 years ago I took a break from it and taught myself how to needlepoint....needless to say everyone got needlepoint gifts from me for christmas that year--along with their regular gifts of course. Every year for christmas I try to make something to go along with peoples gifts.....I think it means a lot to people that you spent the time to make them something.....anyway back to the needlepoint.....I am somewhat of a pro at it now....I have 3 craft boxes full of thread!! The only thing I hate is that the pattern books are so expensive really.....

I would like to attempt to make a wooden quilt this year.....I have a pattern for one I really like that you just paint the pieces and mount them into a large frame....it looks really neat....I am just crafty, I'm always looking for something new to do.....My latest thing has been painting, I started about 3 years ago and I just love it! thumbup And earlier I was telling my mom I'd like to get a sewing machine.....I'd like to make covers for the dining room chairs, and I could make curtains, and geez there is just soooo much I could do!!! Eventually I'll get one....I'd love to sell my crafts, it would be a lot of work though and you'd have to find things that you could really make a profit on! smile

#100627 November 7th, 2003 at 06:58 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
my mom has a 3 tone green afgan I made her when was 14it would overhang in the floor even on a king size bed with double set of drawers.i must have used 70 scans of yarn..LOL I did better my 2nd one.my school colors gray/blue white was magnolia.looked better.I have a whole fishtank thats a 30 gallon full of yarn dark colors.i think i made a scarf at one time but messed the count up...lost a row somewhere was single stich.

wish i could knit

#100628 November 7th, 2003 at 07:06 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
when was 15 to about 17 ny room was garfield.comforter/sheets/posters lamp/curtains/had jammies& slippers to match my room had a few garfield t shirts for school the whole clan of stuffed animals for my bed...odie was always falling off on the floor when was 17 garfield use to ride in backseat in a car seat with a orange vols t shirt on& his hands were clutched togther around a can of sundrop.when i had my daughter he still keept his car seat but she had company& he held spit rag for me..LOL
did have 8 cats at one tme when we moved from indpls mama had to stay cause had her litter of kitties durring the night,she lives with neighbor up there now she s a cali.. just have the one rascal now.he's weird,his own lil world.only a weird cat would curl up against cactus& rose bushes.sleeps under my burgs in summer too& thinks i built HIM a pond

#100629 November 7th, 2003 at 07:08 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
12 Loz that is young! I don't have any artistic background but I sure am determined so WATCH OUT!!! Can't draw worth anything. Now my youngest son must of gotten it from his father.... boy he is creative. He is learning to draw self portraits now. He is really good at it! He is lucky to be able to pick up on things really quickly. I have to see it done, walk me through it once and then I can do it!

My 20Y daughter rolled up next to me last night and said (remember now she has a sense of humor that out does mine) "since you turned a GMA you sure are getting HOMIE". We had a good little chuckle(it was either to chuckle or strangle her little neck...Ha Ha). She is sooo ornery....have no clue where she got it from. LOL Guess it skipped a generation!!!lol

She is very picky about clothes and it really shocked me when she said she wanted me to make her a really long scarf. I thought she was messing with me but come to find out she was serious. Then she put her order in for a HOODED SCARF as well. Told her "Christina I am JUST learning how to do this little blanket for a play doll"....so now she is going to show me in the store what she is talking about. Great now I have to learn how to make a hat AND put it together!!! HELP!
kit

#100630 November 8th, 2003 at 12:38 AM
njoynit- no fish or eagle here, but they have 58 free patterns and some are kind of cute:

http://www.countrycornercrafts.com/patterns

#100631 November 8th, 2003 at 03:53 AM
I believe what your looking for are *scroll saw patterns*, hopes this helps.

#100632 November 8th, 2003 at 06:40 AM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Iowa there are some reindeer I wouldn't have to do detailed painting.LOL They look like fun! I bet I could get some butcher paper or just tape some newspaper together and free draw the deer and then cut out the newspaper and trace directly on the wood! I'm getting excited....I have never had Xmas yard ornaments. Can't wait!!! Thanx for the site.
thumbup kit

#100633 November 12th, 2003 at 06:44 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
Those were nice.i got one of those yard light things ya put laser things in and will shine pic on wall of house.was going to set wood up angainst house& trace out patterns,but did save the cow ones
went back out to shed...it is a black& decker rotarty saw.we have a lil gray case with 17 different bits& is 2 other packages i bought that have 4 bits each in it& i have a set of engraveing bits.its in a velvet bag with B&D on it and a piece of plastic that holds them in place.haven't tried our stone bit out yet

Link Copied to Clipboard