This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#100604 October 23rd, 2003 at 04:25 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
#1 salt dough
2 C flour
2Csalt
1C water

mix mixture till stiff knead mixture for 10 minutes then is ready to roll out
#2 cornstarch dough
2C cornstarch
2C bakeingsoda
1/4 c cold water

in saucepan add cornstarch& bakeing soda amd mix up& gradually add cold water stirring the whole time.heat stirring constantly till moist.turn onto a plate and cover with a damp towel till dough cools knead for 10 minutes

roll out to 1/4 in thickness
use bamboo skewers and soak them in water 1st overnight.very important if you want them to hold.can use cookie cutters to cut out shapes to skewwer.place them on cookie sheet in oven on 225 for 2-3 hours will have to turn occasionaly so edges don't curl.let them cool a few hours and can decorate.if want to use skewers to poke decorations or write names with do before bakeing and can add small stones also or water colors can also use food coloring to color the dough for markers and seal with 2-3 coats of clear paint when finished.can aslo make christmas ornaments the same way.can also hot glue broken pottery or objects to this.i have not tried glueing paper on as a printed photo.i just did one batch but stuck hole at top with skwewer and is a wind chime of sorts

#100605 October 23rd, 2003 at 08:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Njoynit, kissies

#100606 October 23rd, 2003 at 11:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great idea!!! I'm going to print this and try it out with my niece..... thumbup

#100607 October 24th, 2003 at 01:31 AM
Forum Hostess
Forum Hostess
This sure sounds like fun. I have made Christmas decorations like this with the kids....they really had fun doing this. I wonder...do they stand up outside?

#100608 October 24th, 2003 at 09:02 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
Hmmmmmm you get real cold.I do wonder though.......the clear paint seals it.but it would probably be covered with snow the whole time.You'll have to try us know.
I got me a TX state yesterday and blew up to size& have it printed up to make a cutout for some markers for my bed.think will add some stars also& use craft paint to color them

Link Copied to Clipboard