This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#100557 December 16th, 2003 at 05:08 AM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
COMPUTER'S, ANYBODY IN TO THEM?????

#100558 December 16th, 2003 at 05:10 AM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
My husband has been sucked into the world of computer's....He's gotten so good at them,
he puts his own together now.................

This place is one of his favorite places to get
parts.... newegg.com

Check it out, you never know!!

Weezie

#100559 December 16th, 2003 at 05:06 PM
Heaven's Gardener
Heaven's Gardener
Oh Boy Computers!

I don't assemble them, but my face is in one all day and sometimes all night long. I am into computer programs and handy little tools that make my work (and play) easier. Being 57, I remember the time when there were NO COMPUTERS! My early career was on the fast track to becoming an Executive, so ask me if I ever took a typing lesson. NOOOOOOOOOOO! Now I live with these fingers on a keyboard. I have still never learned to type, but I am the fastest three fingered hunt and pecker there ever was. laugh

I make music CD compilations of the vast music collection I have and then copy them and share with with my friends.

In the past, I have done several web sites for my friends entertainment. I am going to upgrade to FrontPage 2003 soon, so when I do another site I will share it with you.

#100560 December 16th, 2003 at 05:10 PM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
Hollywood,
What are computer programs???
I am the dunce of the couple here when
it comes to computers.......
I do pick up some things from him,
Refresh my memory???
Weezie

#100561 December 16th, 2003 at 05:12 PM
Heaven's Gardener
Heaven's Gardener
Hey Weezie,

Programs are the software that you load onto a computer, i.e., WordPerfect, Word, CD burning programs, website design programs, etc.

#100562 December 16th, 2003 at 05:20 PM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
Is that making a cd that people buy from
like American Greetings Cards??

#100563 December 16th, 2003 at 10:29 PM
Heaven's Gardener
Heaven's Gardener
These CDs are just for me and the pleasure of my friends. I have twenty years of music training, but only use it now to make these CDs. Though you can coax me to sing a few songs now and then. wink

What I do is select some of the music CDs I have (600 in all and growing), I sit down at my computer and listen to them. I copy selected cuts to my computer and arrange them in an order that sounds good. Sometimes I edit the music file if the ending of the music has too much dead space with no sound. I love very tight segways. Then I use a program (software) called Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator 6. I copy the music files to CD and make copies for Jillie and my friends. I have been told that I have rather good taste in music and everyone seems to love them.

Before we had writeable CD's on computers I used to record cassette tapes and before then I recorded 8-track tapes.

It gives me the enjoyment of sitting down and listening to music, my first love. And, the ablility to excercise my musical creativity.

Some people bake, I make music. flw

#100564 December 17th, 2003 at 03:29 PM
wavey wavey wavey Hollywood's compilations are dynamite, I have a whole collection of such good CD's to listen to in my car, now. The segways between songs are seamless, and each song fits together with the one before and the one following just like a good puzzle. A friend of Hollywood's, with bawdy humor, once called her earlier tapes something unprintable, but hilarious... Duh

Link Copied to Clipboard