This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#100362 November 8th, 2003 at 06:32 AM
J
janet t Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hello -- I'm a fairly inexperienced gardener, although I am learning very quickly. I maintained very successful outdoor pots/planters this summer, and I most recently brought the mature jasmine vine that I purchased at the beginning of the summer inside. Unfortunately, I had to pot it in a smaller pot (I know this is a no-no, but I didn't have a choice, the pot I had it in was simply too large for the space I needed to put it in). It is in a spot next to a glass door where it receives afternoon sun. I transplanted it 5 days ago and since then I have lost 30 leaves that turned completely yellow, and there are more that are turning. I am assuming that it is in shock due to the transplant, but don't know if there is anything I can do to save it. I think I have watered it the appropriate amount -- enough after transplanting, but not too much. Do you think it will survive the shock, or are all my efforts to save it from the winter gone to waste? Duh Thanks for any help you can give me.

#100363 November 8th, 2003 at 08:03 AM
F
F
I think what has happened to your plant is definately shock, due mainly to temperature and humidity change, and maybe also due to the fact that the roots may have been disturbed. I'm not sure about Jasmine, but i have seen a grapefruit tree shed its leaves each year we bring it indoors and it always puts out new leaves eventually.
I'm not sure what else u could do besides what u are doing right now. If u put it back outside u would just shock it again. I would just leave it where u have it, and maybe avoid drafts, sudden temperature change, and excessive watering.
Maybe someone else in here knows of a miracle solution that works for plants that are shocked Duh
Goodluck- Bob

Link Copied to Clipboard