This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#100351 November 24th, 2003 at 07:49 PM
G
GizmO Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hey Hey,

My name is Dan, im 16 years old and im from the UK ( the two strange things bout me laugh )

I have been in to plants most off my life, i used to help daddy in the garden when i was young... and i never have stoped laugh , i like anything exotic or different ( so no pansys for me laugh ) i also grow cps (Carnivorous plants).

I am a hort student and i hope in a few years time to have my own plant wholesale/retail company laugh

Sry bout my spelling/typos im not good at english i never have been laugh

dan

#100352 November 24th, 2003 at 08:03 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Welcome Gizmo (like the name)

No problem with the spelling here! You sound like a very fun person. I can tell already you are going to add some zip to the site!

Nice to hear someone your age actually knows what they want to do for a living! Have a lot of students in this country who's goals are to become career students. Good luck with your dreams!

Good another one to get info from!!! laugh You will have to post some pix of your Carnivorous plants. There are a few people here that are having trouble with their venus fly traps! Maybe you can help them out. Duh
kit Catlover kit

#100353 November 24th, 2003 at 08:25 PM
G
GizmO Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hey,

i stumble across this site when i was looking up info on ermmm.... some plant... i found it a few days ago, then i sorta went out in the greenhouse and forgot laugh

but now im here laugh

Ppl with VTF probs, its probably because ur plants are goin dormant this time off the year laugh , any probs with em plz post and i shall reply with the answaer ( maybe if i know laugh )

dan

#100354 November 25th, 2003 at 05:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dan hello and a warm welcome overseas to you!!! I myself am originally from England....moved here when I was 7, but I am still an english citizen.....I have tons of family over there still living in St. Annes near Blackpool, and around Manchester......I would give my left arm for an aero bar.....LOL Blackpool is my fav. place over there to go to, you go there a lot on holiday???? Hope to see you around here a lot!!! Everyone here is really nice and friendly!! If you don't have questions you can always just come and banter with us in the Banter Hall!!!!! Take care! wavey

#100355 November 25th, 2003 at 06:10 PM
L
L
Hi Loz,
Nice to find another one of us.I was born in Stafford(many moons ago)thats about 30 mls south of manchester,Worked with a chap from Lytham St Annes here in Canada.Do you get to watch Coronation St on T V??.Thats from a street in Manchester.My daughter is realy into it.She went to a Coronation St party a couple of month ago and meet a girl from Tx there.
Limey

#100356 November 26th, 2003 at 04:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Limey I never really got into Coronation St. but my nana in England watches it and so does my mom when she goes home on vacation....they are lucky and travel over there every year from anywhere to a month to three months.....I have so much family over there still....aunts, uncles, grandparents, a brother, cousins......it's sad that I don't get to see them that much, but my brother and his children come over here every other year. Will you have christmas crackers at the dinner table??? I still eat beans on toast, and buy some english products....the ones I can find over here anyway. I lived in Stretford actually when I was over there, but since nobody has ever heard of that I put manchester....are you still a citizen of the UK??? My mom is lucky and has dual nationality. The rest of my family over here is all still english and my parents still have there accents. My dad grew up in London during WWII, and my mom used to go and see the Beatles when she was young. I love it over here, but often wonder how life would have been if we had stayed there.... wavey

4th of july is always a fun holiday because we are celebrating independance from ourselves....lol

#100357 November 26th, 2003 at 07:08 PM
G
GizmO Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks for the warm welcome

Yea i think i shall be spending alott time in the banter Hall laugh

nah i dont watch Coronation St... soaps just int my thing smile id rather watch plants grow :p

yep im learning stuff in Hort classes and i might be able to help ( key word MIGHT laugh )

dan

Link Copied to Clipboard