This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#100341 October 28th, 2003 at 10:59 PM
P
OP Offline
P
i'm a plant dabbler.
i used to do bonsai, but i left my bonsai in my brother's care and it died. i havent had the spirit to get back into bonsai...

right now i've got a palm plant, a unknown spotted plant, a jasmine and some catnip!

i am pretty clueless with plants and like easy care ones wavey

#100342 October 28th, 2003 at 11:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welcome to the Garden Helper Pellonpekko wavey I am sorry about your bonsai. I have never had one because I just don't think I could consistantly care for one.
I think you will find many friendly and helpful people here. And I am sure that you will find that someone can benefit from your knowlege as well. Look around and enjoy!

#100343 October 29th, 2003 at 12:20 AM
P
OP Offline
P
poor bonsai. i had it for about 5 years

looks like a fun site! grinnnn

#100344 October 29th, 2003 at 04:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pellonpekke.....I can tell you have a good sense of humor!! Your gender is alive, your location is earth, and your occupation is office monkey!! laugh I like people with a good sense of humor!!! wavey grinnnn

#100345 October 29th, 2003 at 02:16 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Loz,
Pollenpekko is a kitty lover tooooo wavey
We are a very friendly bunch of gardeners, we
have quite the aray of gardeners here, from beginners to Master Gardeners and everything in
between...We love to talk gardening, but we enjoy a good chat, sca
So, we hope you will stick around to add your voice to the growing gardeners around here......

gab Weezie gab

#100346 October 29th, 2003 at 02:45 PM
T
T
Welcome to the forum, I'm new here myself. I tried my hand at bonsai a few years back. Unless you have a spot that's around 40 degrees in the winter where they won't freeze it's hard to do. Mine died also. You can try some tropical plants and grow them as bonsai. Ficus is a favorite for instance.

Oh, if you like easy care plants go get a ZZ plant! I just stumbled across these awesome plants about a month ago in a local Home Depot. Definately different and easy!

Tom

#100347 October 30th, 2003 at 01:03 AM
Hey Tom, what's a ZZ plant? What's it look like? That's a new one for me. Just curious.... Duh

Another super easy low maintenance houseplant is good old pathos. They love to be neglected it seems (well, not really but they sure are low maintenance) wink . Maybe give that one a try, Pellonpekko. And I have also had a bonsai that died...so sad... kit thought it made a nifty thing to rub against. It was always covered with bits of white fur... kit

#100348 October 30th, 2003 at 06:02 PM
P
OP Offline
P
bless the little kit
always willing to lend a paw.

thanks for the plant suggestions.

i am thinking of getting a *live* plant for my 5 gallon aquarium... as i've heard that they keep the tank cleaner longer... can't wait.

Link Copied to Clipboard