This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#100250 November 1st, 2003 at 01:35 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Hi All! I found this place accidentally doing a google search for terrariums.

Skip and I have a small aquarium maintenance business that keeps us busy. We also part-time every Wednesday at a commercial orchid greenhouse.
I have always been a houseplant freak and about 5 years ago Skip began keeping orchids. We now have a good sized collection. We lease our blooming orchids to one of our aquarium clients...it helps pay for the habit in the long run! We are the proud parents of pepper Anne(Australian shepherd), Elvis the cockatiel, and Honey the bunny. We look forward to getting to know everyone here! Talk to ya all soon!

Dawn and Skip

#100251 November 1st, 2003 at 02:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Dawn & Skip! wavey I am glad you found us and welcome to the garden helper! You will find one of the friendliest and most knowlegable group of gardeners on the web here. A lot of us are like myself and have learned through trial and error (and are still learning) and a few members are master gardeners. Everyone has something to give and we all seem to benefit from it. thumbup Check in often and contribute where you can!

#100252 November 1st, 2003 at 02:51 AM
Hi Dawn and Skip, welcome to The Garden Helper! There are lots of friendly, really knowledgable folks here, and it sounds like you'll fit right in! Duh ) in Memphis. What part of the state is Quebeck located in?

Enjoy the board, jump right in when ya feel like it!

Nikkal

#100253 November 1st, 2003 at 04:08 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Thanks for the Welcomes! Quebeck, TN is about 30 miles south of Cookeville (which is halfway between Knoxville and Nashville,just off I-40). We are just north of McMinnville which is the Nursery Capital of TN. We are in the country but just off of the highway which is convenient for the traveling we do with work. We lived in Cookeville for several years (4 blocks from the hospital) and the peace and quiet out here is absolutely heavenly!!!!

Dawn

#100254 November 1st, 2003 at 06:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wavey Hello Dawn wavey , it's nice to have you here in the forum!! thumbup I'm sure that you'll have a great time getting to know us, and asking us questions, or answering them.....sometimes we just have fun bantering around, but I think I can easily say we all grinnnn

#100255 November 1st, 2003 at 11:10 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Hi Laura, I've really enjoyed looking around and have even added a comment here and there. I'd go nuts if I wasn't doing some type of gardening. Our place is a jungle during the winter months, sure helps battle "cabin fever"!!!!
Dawn

#100256 November 1st, 2003 at 11:20 PM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Welcome! Join in often! gab

#100257 November 2nd, 2003 at 03:34 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Hi Barley and Thanks!!!

Okay, gotta question. In order to post pics here do we have to have our pics at a certain place? We are set up with imagestation at this time and dread the idea of the hoopla involved in reloading them elsewhere. Already checked the FAQ and didn't find anything about it there. TIA!

#100258 November 2nd, 2003 at 06:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Dawn & Skip,
Posting your pictures is easy. You can either put a hyperlink in your post (click on the url button under the posting window) or you can post the picture direct by clicking on the image button. Of course this means that the pictures in question have to be uploaded already to a website, and the server connection speed will deterime the final success, but we have had pretty good luck as it goes. when all else fails, I have emaild mystery plant pictures to Bill, our webmaster!

Link Copied to Clipboard