This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#100162 November 8th, 2003 at 06:13 AM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
PAINTING ANYONE???

#100163 November 14th, 2003 at 03:39 PM
I paint cerimacs,have mostly christmas themed ones& do a few ornaments each year(and some get broke each year,but less since my cat stays outdoors)I like the plate type ones that hang on wall.i have 2 and did not see any last year.
I occasionaly paint my terra cotta pots I have a daisy i did this year& a ladybug...the lady bug matchs a plant marker i got in a trade with someone..was done with wood pop sickle stick with ba foam ladybug glued on oh and painted my bench& metal table with a tx theme to match my TX chairs...3 cans of paint& a star stencil...how simple is that?lol
and soon...maybe after christmas...will be painting the walls in house after we mud them& texture.i have a nice 5 gallon bucket of sand colored paint out in shed...it sits on top of cooler of dog food to keepthe dogs out...my bassett hound has a brain& knows how to use it.he is a smart dog

#100164 November 17th, 2003 at 06:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay well the family joke was always that my mom would paint you if you stood still long enough...lol It has seemed to rub off on me....I paint whatever I can get my hands on....I use acrylic paints with a top coat of a clear coat for protection, and I have tons of bottles of paints, luckily my friend bought me a storage bag just for them last year....I'm always scavaging at yard sales to see what I can find to paint....either that or I am raiding the house for something to paint, or at wallyworld checking out the craft section.....

My 12 year old niece loves to paint with me....I buy little things we can paint and work on together....I have a huge cement wall that I am painting next spring and she is trying to convince me to paint a mural on it.....it would be fun, but it would take me a while....I have the Donna Dewberry painting books and they have helped me a lot as far as painting flowers and things go......

Painting relaxes me so much....it's my way of de-stressing if I need to......My husband knows me, and he knows I'm on the eternal hunt for things to paint in the house, he just lets me do what I want....gotta love him for that.... wink

#100165 November 18th, 2003 at 03:28 PM
I can paint just about anything..Always made my kids school gifts for there teachers every year..Sold some many wooden hoildays pins.. Matter of fact made most my Christmas money every year selling my painted things..From Santa Clause painted tin cans as gift baskets to painted glass jars for candles..Think i've just about done it all..
Believe its time too get back into that..Have a pretty mail box im going to paint real soon..Good to hear theres more out there that enjoy painting.. Lots craft shows here in Texas so i better get busy painting once again..Its so much fun painting only thing bad once u get started its hard to not finish it right then..Stay up many night working on a project all night..lol Think my hub got tired hugging the pillow so i had to slow down some..lol
Hey has anyone painted paper sacks? Make door hangers like santa are snow men..If i could find my picture album with all my painted things i could sent u some pic.. But with moving it may still be packed in a box..Take care,have a wonder holiday all. wavey

#100166 November 18th, 2003 at 05:02 PM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
If either of you Njoynit or Texas have some
projects you'd like to share, post them for us!!
I always like projects in the winter time to do.
I'm sure a few of the other gardeners/crafters
would like to hear about them too!!!

Weezie

#100167 November 18th, 2003 at 05:04 PM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
The one's that have always caught my eye,
where the outdoors wooden cut outs that
you make into santa's or elves pushing santa
up to the roof, or snow men or those ones
that are just painted black with silohetts'!
Weezie

#100168 November 18th, 2003 at 09:22 PM
when i drag out my christmas stuff after thanksgiving will take photos of it all i know is one of the snowman in
http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit03
its a snowman& not sure which albulm.am signed into other one loading pics as we speak
I have a halloween one hanging on birdbath will click a pic when step outside

#100169 December 3rd, 2003 at 02:39 PM
Heres a good place to order painting books..There kinda high but if u can wait they mark them down.Its called the ARTIST'S CLUB..Most time i can just look at a picture of something and make it are paint it.. So thought u all might enjoy this..Heres the web site WWW.ARTISTCLUB.COM..You can also look throught the books there.. They will send u a free mag..Of the books and painting supplys..This has always been my favorite place to get all my books.. Gawd and i bet i have a million..Guess u could say im rich in painting books.. laugh
Loz ,I thought u might enjoy this place ..You do seem to paint alot.. thumbup

#100170 December 3rd, 2003 at 02:42 PM
OOPS LEFT OUT A LETTER ON WESITE..TRY THIS....
WWW.ARTISTSCLUB.COM

#100171 December 3rd, 2003 at 03:10 PM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
Tx,
I watch the QVC shopping channel
(a little too much some times!! laugh shocked )
But they have kits of Donna Dewberry,
not sure of all the prices on there,
but you can get some good deals on there,
if you know you're prices of local
things..........Hey, you never know!

I love to paint and draw too, but
with the boys and my mom, I'm kinda busy.
When they get bigger I'll go back to it....

Weezie

#100172 December 3rd, 2003 at 09:45 PM
Weezie,
I watch QVC. Your right u can get some good deals there sometimes..Have alot of Donna Dewberry books theres another one thats really good ..Just can't think of her name right now..
If i coud find my picture album with some my painted things in it.. I love to post so u all could see..You know how it is when u move..Things get put away..Then its like what did i do with that.. laugh

#100173 December 13th, 2003 at 06:49 AM
ok I got my items displayed now.I'm currently working on a tree that you stick lil lights into when all done has 2 bears on it and presents underneath& I just recieved my end of trade of woodworking designs that traded a candle for was impressed even has 4 sheets you trace& lay together to form 2 snowman holding a sign between them stands 5 ft tall is neat and all kinds of goodies rangeing over all seasons and even some gardening ones.course my neighbor thought I was nuts excited about paper...LOL now have to see what scrap wood have in garage & trace an item out and play with rotozip grinnnn

Link Copied to Clipboard