This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#100154 November 3rd, 2003 at 02:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay here is a really cheap idea that I just used for my bathroom in the basement...I bought these beautiful towels, handtowels, and washclothes that have a silk embroidery on them of flowers in all different colors....I also have geraniums on a shelf, and some fake topiaries too....well, I love flowers, my house is covered in either real ones or fake ones....so I need something on one of the long walls to make it pop...I printed off 3 of the desktop pics that I had saved to my computer and cut the white paper off all of them...I bought some nice wooden frames from wally world(only two bucks eache) and a piece of white poster board....I took the back off the frame and outlined it on the poster board and cut it out....then I put the pic on the piece I cut out and traced the outline of it centered on the poster board....then just use a ruler and redo the lines you just drew just a little bit inside of the the original ones.....(that way you are assured that the picture will fit better)......Okay, next just get a boxcutter and cut out the middle part on your lines, and voila! You have a really cheap mat for your picture, and it looks good as long as you cut the lines straight....just make sure you cut them out on a cutting board.....Then just take a little tape and tape the pic onto your mat and stick it all back together in the frame....My 3 pics I printed are beautiful and including the 3 frames and the poster board they only cost my six dollars and fifty cents!!!! What a way to make beautiful, cheap art!!! thumbup grinnnn

#100155 November 3rd, 2003 at 04:33 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Laura,
That sounds like a really cute idea!!!

I gotta ask,
which three did you pick??
So hard to choose...
Bill's given us alot!!!!!

Weezie

#100156 November 3rd, 2003 at 06:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't remember the names of them now.....hmmm, two of them were purple flowers and one of them is pink.....It really turned out well, and everyone that I've shown them too can't believe that they were printed off on my computer....they thought I bought them!

#100157 November 4th, 2003 at 05:56 PM
loz, what kind of printer do you have? Am thinking of getting a new one so as to print photos from digital camera. Anyone have any recommendations? I work for a computer dealer/service center so I can pretty much get equipment for myself at cost. That comes in handy!

#100158 November 4th, 2003 at 10:04 PM
don't buy lexmark....will make even a preacher cuss
i love my dell...but one drawback is dell don't sell re fill kits for your ink.so your looking at $34 for color& $22 for black
HP is decent and can get a re fill kitwhen you buy make sure comes with your USB cord/power cord& ink cartridges
you can go for a bubble jet printer that uses toner& they say if printing alot& doing photos bubble jet toner is better.not sure about cost wise,but my mom has both and actually uses her jet one more and says is more cost effective

and back to Topic.........we did TX cut outs in cabinets at other house and i took a photo of TX off internet(actually off a land survey page) and blew it up in scan program till would print out and fit inside frameing on cabinet door.was real neat and may even see somewhere in my albulms.I still have one door with the cutout& all the cut out pieces i have used as garden markers in yard.
I also found a stone...some type of limestone at creek near old house and took a photo off internet and printed out and used decopage way to apply photo to the stone.i did like 7 layers of the paste over photo.my neighbor ended up with the stone.it was neat though.when do my sidewalk with the black tile i may do again to dress the tile up

#100159 November 5th, 2003 at 06:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not a printer expert, I actually do have a lexmark x75.....I really like it so far.....now I figured it out it is easy and the quality of the pics are awesome!!!! The ink cartridges are easy to load.....I had to buy the USB cable for it, it didn't come with the printer....however the price on it was great! They had it on sale at walmart for 60 bucks....at first I thought since it was cheaper it would be kind of crappy, but it's great! The pics scan really fast, and the printing time isn't bad either....of course though like I said I am no expert on the subject....my sister was impressed with it though and is going to buy one like mine for her computer.... smile

I also printed off the troublesome creek pic and matted and framed it and have it hanging in my upstairs bathroom!!! It's my all time fave. pic of here.....I have it set as my wallpaper. thumbup

#100160 November 5th, 2003 at 03:04 PM
Loz,
I think i have had every printer u can think of..
Last year my hubby bought me a HP pcs 2210 all-in-one printer,fax.scanner + copier..Its just wonderful..He also has a HP digital camera u just pop the little dis out of the camera right into the printer theres your pictures.You can print are send them to friends..So easy to copy anything u need too.. Hit copy and you have your copy..No getting on computer doing nothing.. I like that..
My son had a Lexmark he like it too.. The printer finally went crazy..lol But he had it for a very long time.. Well i hope your printer continue working good for u..

#100161 November 5th, 2003 at 08:00 PM
My lex was a Z11...i actually had 2 of these the 1st was a photo packaged deal one.it had a slot to insert a sandisk card and would print photos from it.it just plain locked up one day.about 2 yrs later ran into one for $1 at a yard sale...i still had my disk...my cords...it worked great(no photo package,but bought a scandisk reader so could use camera.I even took it on vaction in may so could take more than 80 photos thumbup ) )That one flat out refused to give up my print cartridge.I threw it up against tree in backyard& broke it...i got my print cartridge. I have a HP out in shed.I lost cord in move form IN to TX...I just never went out and bought another cord for $20....mom got me a dell all in one for my birthday.........It originally was a lexmark all in one....we had issues only thing could get it to do was scan.said could scan 5x7 photo or larger...there was problem #1,then would not scan a 8x10...gave me an error photo to small.my mom was on vaction so was like 2 weeks of tourture.i actually saved her $17 and got a nice dell all in one thats troublefree operation.gotta have a flatbed scanner 2b wink I'm still learning about it& see will buy buying a ink a few times a year.but is very handy too have

Link Copied to Clipboard