This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#100105 December 15th, 2003 at 03:41 PM
How wuz that nappy, Laura? thumbup

#100106 December 16th, 2003 at 04:24 AM
Glad you had fun, Jillie! grinnnn

When you baked them, did you move them around at all, or just let them sit the whole time?
What did/are you going to do with them?

Any pictures yet? (can you tell I've been housebound for 3 days now - what with the weather? No school for Amy or pottery class for me today... I'm climbing the walls!)

How old is Ashleigh? Does she have any fun ideas for me to do with my daughter?

Ok, I'll stop now... think I'll get ready for bed... g'nite zzzzz

#100107 December 16th, 2003 at 04:50 AM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
Lynne,
One of the funnest things for my boys to do is,
I get out all of my Fiskar scissors, (the one's that cut the funny edges) and give them construction paper and let them have my stapler, punch holer (one and 3) glue, gluesticks, colored glue, doiley's, etc......They have a ball........
Keeps 'em busy for hours....
Go to the warehouse stores (BJ's or Sam's)
and get some flashy stickers and make a sticker books, and feathers'........
Weezie

#100108 December 16th, 2003 at 05:21 AM
Thanks, Weezie - great ideas! thumbup thumbup

What crafts did you like when you were a teen? idea

#100109 December 16th, 2003 at 05:39 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
I really enjoyed (and still do) making my own jewelry. Craft stores like Michael's have a whole isle of the glass type beads, and all that jazz...

I also like scrapbooking...

#100110 December 16th, 2003 at 05:54 AM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
On the HSN they have really neat looking sewing
machines, that come in 3 pastel shades, yellow, pink and blue and also white.
It's a little humpty~dumpty looking type, I think it's really cute.....$25.95, 5.95 s&h.........
Does a basic stitch, no funny stitches or anything, comes with a ba~zillion bobbins and spools......

I liked to sew alot, my mother bought me this little tiny sewing machine and I loved sewing purses!!! OHMYGOSH!!!! such fun, I had a new purse every week... I'd take old pajama's *Flannel* and zippers and sew... I made belts, and suspenders and skirts (of course, I should have been taken out back and slapped for my sewing) but my mother saw that I had such fun sewing that she went out and bought one of the
biggest, new~fangledest sewing machine with drop in cartridges to make dogs and little emblems. (sp) Well, I'll tell you that little one was the best, I got on that new one and COULDN'T STAND IT!
I couldn't understand it, work it, the bobbin never seemed to work right, I'd beat that thing, it got me soooooooooooooo frustrated, I was tramatized for life, I can't sew to this day now!!
Truth!!!
I would imagine it has alot to do with that little sewing machine, that you don't have to worry about the tensions, etc. on it, and it just works...
I did knit...that was somewhat fun..
I collected rocks like mad!!!!! *Still do*
I drew alot, many, many pictures!!!
(pencil and charcoal are my favorites)
I loved silk flowers (STILL DO!!)
I loved picking wild flowers for my mother (STILL DO!!!)
She also got me a crafting book that had many things to do that were like science experiments and you didn't realize it...

Later when I got older I made alot of my own earrings and decorated sweatshirts...and T~shirts.
I can give you two of my most favorite sites to go buy stuff over the internet.
I never once had a problem with them and found them to have awesome prices and good deals......

bolek\'s craft supply

Enterprise Art

I really like them!!!
Lot's of GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD STUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!

Weezie

Let me know what you think of them,
get yourself a catalog and sit down and go through it.
I got, ponybeads to make key chains, paint for T~shirts, gitter, jewerly findings...necklace's and charms, oh, my goodness!! I am druling!!!

The other one of my favorites for books and crafts books, stencils, stickers, is............

dover publications

#100111 December 16th, 2003 at 04:05 PM
Good morning!

Lynne, we didn't move the marbles around at all...just put 'em in and left them alone.

Ashleigh's only 10 1/2, so she's still easy when it comes to doing simple crafts...

These ideas are fabulous, you guys. I'm keeping every one of 'em. Thanks a million. flw

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard