A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: tkhooper Woohoo a seed catalog - Nov 24th, 2007 at 02:50 PM
I just received the Pinetree Garden Seed Catalog. Can anyone tell me if they are a reputable vendor? They seem to have loads of seeds that I would just love to have. Their herb section looks really good and a dye plant section how cool is that? And kohlrabi, the purple ones, that's great too. Anyway I'm very excited. What's everyone else received and of course what are your plans.
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Woohoo a seed catalog - Nov 25th, 2007 at 03:26 AM
I thought they must be from Maine since we are the Pinetree state. So I looked it up. It looks like they have some real nice stuff, I requested a catalog. The address is only about an hour from here. I think I'll call them up.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Woohoo a seed catalog - Nov 25th, 2007 at 02:40 PM
Let me know what you think. I'm very tempted by some (ok alot) of their stuff. I like the way they tell you how many seeds are going to be in the packet. That is something I look for when I am seed shopping. I got disappointed once so now I check the seed count.

Posted By: Rosepetal Re: Woohoo a seed catalog - Nov 26th, 2007 at 06:51 PM
I got my first catalog here last week too. It the "T & T Seeds" one out of Winnipeg, MB. Did anyone from Canada get that one yet?

I ordered my strawberries from them last year and they did just great. Also found the "King Arthur" corn and they were delicious. Had a great yield as well.
Posted By: JunieGirl Re: Woohoo a seed catalog - Nov 26th, 2007 at 08:27 PM
I don't think I will see a seed catalog until say late January or sometime in February--it would give one something to do in the winter though To be able to sit & plan for spring would be a nice way to pass many a winter's day.
Posted By: ladyslipper Re: Woohoo a seed catalog - Nov 26th, 2007 at 11:55 PM
I am waiting to get seed catalogs. I love to dream through them clapAm looking for a Frosty Morn sedum if I see one I am going to buy it although I have not had good luck buying perennials from catalogs why
Posted By: Rosepetal Re: Woohoo a seed catalog - Nov 28th, 2007 at 05:20 PM
I got another catalog yesterday, my main one that I usually order from....Stokes. Talk about dreaming and sitting at the computer browsing, they have a great web site.
© A Gardener's Forum