Thread Like Summary
Gremelin
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#404978 02/10/2020 11:38 PM
by Gremelin
Gremelin
How is the weather in your neck of the woods? Spring isn't for another 38 days and here in Oregon we didn't really have much of a winter this year, its been a pretty warm and dry winter, but usually its super rainy from October until February... In fact, today was 64 degrees already.

Have any of you started getting things together for planting this year? What types of items are on your to do list? I think I'm going to pepper our side yard with wildflower seeds to help minimize any weed growth, but I haven't given much thought to anything else, other than trimming up roses.

What are your favorite seed catalogs and nurseries? I've just started getting my catalogs, so far just from Michigan Bulb [michiganbulb.com] and Easy to Grow Bulbs [easytogrowbulbs.com]
Liked Replies
by JunieGirl
JunieGirl
I use Stark Bros, Michigan Bulb, and Burpees. I wish I had the room to start on paper. That is what I always did in Illinois.
For now, I have a few flower beds/rocked areas that are up against the house. I do hope to have a small raised bed made so I can plant 3 or 4 tomato plants and some basil and chives.. In my rocked areas I hope to add a lirope where we cut out a bush when we moved here.

I would like a 14 by 4 flower bed, like I had in Illinois, but the peop!e before me reseeded with Bermuda grass, and it is very invasive. My SIL had offered to put plate steel down below the 6 inch line to keep my planting area clear, and Rod can get the steel, but My SIL's heart and intentions are much larger than his free time.so, I will probably never get the flower bed.
1 member likes this
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,860
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image