Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I went to Wal-Mart to get big pots and it was Mother's Day weekend and they were all out so I have to go back there and get see if they have more! So, they are in gallon pots right now until I can find bigger!

I will strip the leaves then and see what they do! Thanks for the advice njoynit!

2k Posts
2k Posts
Plants are STILL growing.You'll notice unknown pink grew alot.Mine average 2 ft growth a month.
I've got a BES vine growing on my Dr suess.It has fineally 'Y'd & needs to get on with it.I've also left a peice of vine on ground wondering through the marigolds.yes they work well.That plant actually gets NO bugs whatsoever.

Unknown pinks blooms
& frosty pink
And a lil frog that seems to like hanging out with unknown pink.he's their daily& has family around the pond.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Betty White will open in the next few days& be the 1st bloom in pond bed.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!
2k Posts
2k Posts
frosty& unknown pink this morning.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!
2k Posts
2k Posts
The 1st photo is a 6 pointed flower off seedling pink (Butterfly X Whiskers) 5 pictures of betty white in bloom on of my new cuttings I recieved in the fall from Carrie.And a shot of frosty pink in bloom.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

2k Posts
2k Posts
I forgot to mention.Betty Marshall is a suav type.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Very pretty njoynit! Thanks for sharing!

#86755 Jul 10th, 2007 at 10:43 AM
2k Posts
2k Posts
Unknown is in bloom again.sure is growing good this year.this will proably reach 8-9 feet this year again.

[Linked Image]

I got 3 of the new ones that have 'Y'd out in the hexbed,just slow about getting buds started.Betty Marshall has started forming another set of buds for end of the month blooms(Betty doing good for a fresh 1st season cutting too)

Cypress Garden& Knightti......are engulfed in other flowers and have not 'y'd.is a oklahoma rose hideing with them too.guess I let that butterfly bed take them over.But unknown pink smells SOOO wonderful.I wish frsoty pink smelled as strong.

#86996 Jul 10th, 2007 at 05:06 PM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
thumbup

Wah ......

My brugs seeds didnt work at all.
Congrads are in order ......YOur a keen person.

Thanks for showing .

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
5k Posts
5k Posts
wow njoynit looks awsome!!!

[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Absolutely Awesome Njoynit!! All my brugs are getting taller and taller some are fuller some aren't ! A couple of them took a beating with all the rain we had and the leaves turned yellow and dropped off But they are coming back!! Yippeeee,, (Note toself: Don't forget to give them a good feeding this weekend!}

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
5k Posts
5k Posts
lol thumbup you just reminded me to feed mine diane thumbup
no y yet, but ill keep watching grin

[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Christy Do you have any recent pictures of your brugs??

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
5k Posts
5k Posts
ill try n get a pics tomarrow, :} hopefuly the cam is willing to work for me. dag thing got a mind of its own.lol, waaa :}

[Linked Image]
5k Posts
5k Posts
the name sticks got lost blushi got them growing along the bank along side the forth-bush. they get the best sun and soil there.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
2k Posts
2k Posts
frosty pink& seedling pink.I'm ready for non pink blooms.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

This is the seedling pink trunk I wintered over.The one wintered in ground looks better.the cats have bout ate up the foliage.I think its attracting them,but only this brugmansia& butterfly got munched some.
Dr Suess(2 plants)& daydreams have buds.pink perfection too.

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
breakfast

That is so cute Brugs......Bet you spend lots of time gocking there..
b

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
2k Posts
2k Posts
I think i've spent more time with seedling the last 2 weeks.I keep removeing eaten leaves all day long& everytime I walk past it it has another cat munching.My others are notheing like it& they leave the tray of seedlings alone.I did sit in pool room the othernite beside window.....just to smell it.the fan in window draws the smell inside later at night...course could have been the crinuims too...lol or 4 pms..it all just mingles at night.

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
thumbup

Thst sounds sweet and enjoyable..

Glad you had some fun smelling.

b

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
My neighbor has a Brug.....I just noticed tonight and she said she'd give me a cutting! clap

#91523 Jul 16th, 2007 at 06:10 PM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
bop

You lucky dog.........Lady in maryland gave me the seeds......Guess I should of kept them till spring ......

They are gorgous.. DO they get really large like the datura? I mean the plant itself?

b

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#91665 Jul 16th, 2007 at 11:16 PM
5k Posts
5k Posts
Originally Posted by loz
My neighbor has a Brug.....I just noticed tonight and she said she'd give me a cutting! clap

clapwow! thats great loz!

njoynit your look great! you have the best luck with brugs:}

[Linked Image]
2k Posts
2k Posts
No I don't......My buds dropped on Daydreams this morning tears I just LOOKED at them yesterday.All 3....gone badday It's a pink anyway.but a double...I've not seen before.BUT Dr Suess still has buds.One plant has 2 the other has 3 and the potential of more clapAnd this 1st flush will be lighter in color cause will be earlier in season.Its always been after Aug for Dr Suess to bloom.Ones a trunk cut wintered over That 'Y'd this spring,the other a re sprouting,but relocated it this spring.so this one will look more yellowish turning orange than the fall colors(which I love.)One plant is grown in more shade& it don't wilt in the afternoon(as its not getting baked tx style)

shots everyones plants look great! thumbup

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
uhuhh uhuhh

Don't cry...........I dont have any Brugs at all.....;o((((((((

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#92431 Jul 18th, 2007 at 07:14 AM
Ok what's the difference between brugs and angel trumpet? I had(several yrs ago) a purple people eater from some catalog. It looked like the pictures I'm seeing here. Last yr. I found a plant over my bank blooming what looked like that same plant. I transplanted it to my garden. It blooms at night. They are purple and white. I'm not sure if this is a brug or angel trumpet.
Diane

buzz buzz buzz
2k Posts
2k Posts
Dauntras flowers are like devils trumpets,they point upwards& a few may hang horizontal.(Diane grows a whitemoonflower bush dauntra.)They come in mostly white& yes.is a purple people eater dauntra.even a few doubles& triples.I grow a yellow double dauntra.
[Linked Image]
its just burried this year in 4 pms.their seed pods are round and swell and are spiney spikey looking.The plants themselves vary as to hardiness,but grow wonderful in fertile moist soil.I also grow stramonium which has small flowers white with purple throat.The smell reminds me of them smartty candies.The metals are the best growers.

Brugmansias flowers hang downwards& are hardy to zone 7 otherwise brought indoors& grown in pots(or grown in ground then wintered in pots).blooms in white/peach/yellow/pink shades& comes in doubles& singles.Look more tropical& have exotic blooms that smell great and some change colors as they open.flowers are pendent& seeds if pollination occurs are beanlikeseedpods.

your dauntra could be cornupocia if its a double
caerlea dauntra is a single light purple.
most brugmansias are called angels trumpets&dantras called devils trumpets.The differance is how the flowers hang.both are fragrant both open at night.

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
devil

Don't let the Angels and the Devils get together......
angel devil

;o)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Njoynit I Love your Yellow Dbl Datura!!! flwr Love it!! clap clap

I haven't given an update in quite a while Because all the rain we've had gave my most of the brugs major spider mites and yellow leaf drop boohoo The one in the pot was practically bare stock.. I was just sick about it!! tears I have been nursing them back to health with plenty of fish emulsion and superthrive, and Peter's fertilizer. kissie :ding:

Plants and flowers sure do love ya back don't they!~ grin kissie bop
I have discovered last night Charles Grimaldi is Thanking me Very very much!! I'm thinking it should open tonight or tomarrow!! flwr

[Linked Image]

More pictures next post...........-->

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Continued from above........,

I can't believe I started all these from small cutting in water in the house . They got good size with healthy leaves and then they got spidermites and dropped leaves but..., by that time the weather was getting warmer and I could put outside , after hardening them off ~ I put in ground and boy did they grow ~~untill~ we got rain for two months in a row and bugs and slugs were having a field day on them!! uhuhh Like I said above TLC brought them back once again~~ They sure are resilient !! thumbup Here they are now...,

Unnamed Pink on right~~~ Pale Yellow on left

[Linked Image]

Adora on right ~~ Cotton Candy on left~~ Purple datura (started from seed) in front middle
[Linked Image]

Another one of Njoynits Unnamed Pink!!

[Linked Image]

I forgot to get a picture of the one in the pot I'll do it later today,

Ohhh ~~ By the way IF anyone has a Dr. Suess brug ~ I'd love to have a cutting I'd be happy pay postage!!
grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
You guys are making me crazy...I've GOT to have some brugs... devil...Is it too late to put some in my yard--we probably won't get our first freeze until late Oct.

Njoynit--have you tried sprinkeling black pepper on/aaround your plants to keep the cats off??? We used that trick several times to keep cats out of their favorite places in my yard.

"Those who cling to worthless idols forfeit the grace that could be theirs." Jonah
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I did an update with pictures earlier today and I said when the Charles Grimaldi Bloomed open I would take a pic ..

Here it is!!!!!!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
............... :mad: devil :mad:..
Welcome to the club........gardenermom..........
i dont have a Brug growing....COuld do the seed eithere....

SOmeone just sent me a cutting, IF mine doesnt root.......I lost $4.60....

Prayers pleasde.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Okay I came home from work today I saw this!!!!!!!!! I forgot Njoynit said they change to their tru color After it has completed opening as far as it will go!! I like this Much better then the pictures I posted above!!!

When I looked up Charles Grimaldi Brugs this is more like what I saw,,

Whhhew I'm glad you told us that Njoynit I thought I might have wrote the Wrong name on it!! HAHAAHHAHA

[Linked Image]

I had to lay down on the ground to get this pic,, This brugs isn't even 3ft tall yet,,
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Here's one. Not sure if it is a brug or something else. I tried to get the pic while opened. Missed it. They seem to only last one night. I'm not much of an early bird, but I'll try to get one open. I was surprised to find this one as small as it is blooming. There are others, larger.
[Linked Image]

buzz buzz buzz
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
It seems to be blooming upward Diane That would make it a datura! and looks like a purple datura!! ( Brugs hang down) It looks like it would have a gorgeous ,!!!!!!!!!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Diane - that bloom is absolutely gorgeous! Fantastic!
Thank you sooooo much for sharing it with us - I'm jealous!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
5k Posts
5k Posts
clapwow! diane your brugs are beauitful! so healthy lookin! the blooms are sooooooo pretty!
yours too njoynit! thumbupliked your scarcrow.

[Linked Image]
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
neener neener neener

I envy the yellow.......Or any color of Brug.......
I dont have one.
THat is so neat..Boy they take lots of room huh?

b

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Diane--that's absolutely beautiful!!

I've been watching around town, and haven't seen any brugs in peoples yards. Thought I saw one, but it had daylilly type leaves--maybe some type of amaryllis--also not seen much around here.

prayers for dodge's brug!!!!

Buzzy--That DOES look like a datura--my purple one has wider leaves. It has some buds on it now. They look like okra!! clap

Last edited by gardenermom; Jul 24th, 2007 at 06:32 AM. Reason: can't type--too early!!

"Those who cling to worthless idols forfeit the grace that could be theirs." Jonah
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
thumbup thumbup
Thanx 4 Brugs prayers......

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
2k Posts
2k Posts
buzzy that is a dauntra. Dauntra Stramonuim.Tatula.It has smaller flowers than the other dauntra.they are kinda white with purple centers.are some with a liliac tint to the flowers liliac le fluer.The flowers rarely open completly,but are still pretty and smell good.those spikey seed capsels will have anywhere from 300-500 seeds EACH.they smell like smartty candy.I moved mine this year to a spot at back of my cacts bed.I want it to reseed here. it gets lots of hummer& hawkmoths too.

yep charles changes colors.he looks different in the fall.so does Dr Suess.
My charles is being stubborn.The one thats bloomed....hasn't since April.The ones that not 'y'd still hasn't 'y'd but the BES is growing very well on it.where my other BES vine in a shadier spot is barely growing and not even flowering yet(maybe it needs an overdose of fertilizer?)Charles needs to get his butt in gear in my yard and do something.He ALAWYS wants to wait till the fall& I get 1 maybe 2 flushes.I tried cheating!I took a trunk a cut and it bloomed in April.Its not growing buds.the others not 'y'ing.jean pasco is still not 'y'd.oh and seedling pink original plant.i'm thrilled with it.its fixing to bloom the 1st time and grew almost 5 ft before it 'y'd...the flowers will hang above the B&B salvia....just wait.It'll be this week too.maybe even on my anniversery...............

I've not checked the buds on daydreams yet today.They we're still curling yesterday& SIL thinks they'll stay and grow.I just know they will curl up and falloff& drop...maybe they want hotter weather.will be 90s today,drier air too.It was awesome this morning.it was 62!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I never feel 60s in July.It was 67 yesterday...nice ,but today rocks.its 72 now on way to 92.Diane Daydreams is suppose to be darker pink.Its a double.maybe I'll give it some beer.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,862
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image