Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#94554 Jul 21st, 2007 at 02:29 PM
Unigirl Offline OP
OP Offline
I have had an unexpected new addition to my garden. A moonflower vine has started growing in my leaf pile in the middle of my yard. I did not even plant one or seeds this year. Natures lovely addition of its own. My question is: it is midsummer and in the high 90's here in Tx, can I go ahead and move it to my bed for my vines or should I leave it until fall? Thanks in advance.

Uni

Unigirl #94569 Jul 21st, 2007 at 02:49 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Hi Unigirl! I'm In Grandprairie!! How ya doing neighbor!!!

IF it has a runner about or longer than 1' I would transplant it where you want it to vine and water it plenty the first few days~~ IF it's shorter than a foot long I would dig the soil up around it and transplant soil and all, matter of fact it wouldn't hurt to do the same thing with a longer piece this way the roots won't be disturbed!! Do you have any superthrive to water it in with or Root tone to dip the roots in?? IT will need a boost of encouragement,,

My moonflower vine is gone crazy this year and is very happy getting afternoon full sun.. Last yearit was in morning sun afternoon shade and didn't grow very big!

here is a picture of mine...

[Linked Image]

Let us know and keep us updated how the transfer went okay??

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Unigirl Offline OP
OP Offline
Hehe I just replied to one of your msgs lol. Thank you for your help. It just came up about 2 weeks ago and is already about 2 1/2 feet tall. What is superthrive? I have never heard of it and where do you get it?

Uni

Unigirl #94795 Jul 21st, 2007 at 07:16 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Unigirl
Hehe I just replied to one of your msgs lol. Thank you for your help. It just came up about 2 weeks ago and is already about 2 1/2 feet tall. What is superthrive? I have never heard of it and where do you get it?

Uni

I answered Unigirl in a pm about superthrive but Ill tell everyone here too,
It is vitamins and hormones for any plant and can be used along with fertilizer,.
You can get it at homedepot, some walmarts, probably most nurserys it comes in a small brown bottle and it's 1/4 teaspoon per gallon soo it lasts forever. I even start roots in water with it, I like it.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Unigirl Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok well I transplanted it, It was all droopy yesterday, but this morning it has perked up. I think it will be ok. I haven't been able to get any superthrive, but I watered with my MG water feeder so hopefully it works. It had a really long taproot on it, I dug all the way to the bottom of the pile to get the whole thing, plus all the little roots next to it. Will keep you posted on its progress.

Uni

I am blonde please forgive me, Lol.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image