Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#78178 Jun 28th, 2007 at 10:37 AM
njoynit Offline OP
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
I have a few MOT plants(just look into another pot...lol especially within wind distance)This baby near top of plant,I've not removed them yet,but thinking of going in business...lol its got one lone bloom.I've not it had it do that when removeing the babies and they grow in another spot,pot,what-have-you(even had one sprout in a canna leaf and was 4 inches when found it)
I've added another variety MOT (like one wasn't enough..) I like it.I'm already finding its babies as well.Its babies are darker than my other.

I've got photo.dial up is slow but getting Hughes net Tuesday.I'm trying to get my photos caught up.next week will get easier.I'm just surprised about the baby.Margret...don't you grow one?

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!
njoynit #78517 Jun 28th, 2007 at 07:54 PM
500 Posts
500 Posts
Wow. Their blooms are beautiful!! I no longer have any. My father-in-law gave me one (only one) about 10 years ago. As of ~8 years ago they were everywhere, in everything, taking over pots of other plants I wanted, mom-plant was getting ugly-leggy, it was horrible. I got rid of them all. This took me months, but eventually I eradicated them. THEN I saw a pic of the bloom, learned more about how to care for such plants, and am currently considering getting a Kalanchoe gastonis-bonnieri. It's very similar but a little less agressive with its children. I still hesitate. I have so many plants now that I've told myself I have to compost or give away one for any new one I bring in. And I just got 2 cuttings of portulacaria afra variegated without getting rid of anything. Ah, what I could do if I had a conservatory. Maybe the livingroom?
Again, njoynit , don't wait until you're old to do what ever the hell you want! Start now!

May God bless the WHOLE world!
njoynit Offline OP
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
I have that kalanchoe& the blooms are very alike.It took mine a few years to bloom.It was one that a leaf fell on floor of GH and it grew no soil or anything.I potted it and it has formed a whole plant now.And yes.not found in most of my plants pots either..lol I have a picture somewhere in photobucket

These we're from January this year then bloomed in febuary
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I'll take a photo later and post a now look of both pots.

I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!
njoynit #89299 Jul 13th, 2007 at 01:30 PM
njoynit Offline OP
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
here is baby MOT plantlett in crotch(so to speak) of mama plant

flowers/July32007MOTbloomonbaby.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>

njoynit #89859 Jul 14th, 2007 at 01:16 PM
njoynit Offline OP
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
the group.
the babys on ONE leaf...........
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

njoynit #89904 Jul 14th, 2007 at 01:42 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
WOW~ How long have you had that MOT before it Bloomed????

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
TweetyBird
10k Posts
TweetyBird
10k Posts
ok I give, what the heck is a MOT?

Wrennie #90408 Jul 15th, 2007 at 05:47 AM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
mother of thousands. it is a variety of kalanchoe that litereally makes hundreds of babies on it's leaves!

#90426 Jul 15th, 2007 at 06:14 AM
TweetyBird
10k Posts
TweetyBird
10k Posts
grin thanks!

Wrennie #91372 Jul 16th, 2007 at 03:11 PM
njoynit Offline OP
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
it makes millions of babies on its leaves.

The large leafed one on shelf...was a baby removed off Juners leaf in Dec& I wintered it in butter tub and planted in what its in now in March.The one beside the shelf is the top off another from 2 yrs ago,but did not cut top this year....on either plant.after it bloomed...it started forming baby plants differently from the leaf tips& I can remove them from mom.there are 3 small 4 inch pots on top shelf...with growing babies& 1 with a baby red kalonchoe(which has 3 babies fallen& growing)That big leafed one....its different from yours Diane.its got molting on leaves.I had no idea the baby would bloom(well gee...the PLANT had to grow up.juner says its a whore cause shes young...still at home with a baby..haveing a baby..lol)

The prickly pear is a donkey ear prickly pear.I caught the dog playing with a few months back.I've just not planted it somewhere yet.middle shelf is a rooting area.if its broke& will root.its there(plus dropped hoya leaves,arrowroot vine pieces,pothos pieces)

Um it blooms every year decemberish,but was later this year.I think the 1st yr I had did not bloom but thought was shade,But it can grow in full sun.I think they bloomed Febr.this year

Wrennie...I can pluck ya some kids...............I won't even miss them!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,855
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image