Rate Thread
#89596 Jul 14th, 2007 at 06:51 AM
kennyso Offline OP
The Man
3k Posts
OP Offline
The Man
3k Posts
i was given cuttings of lantana from topiaries, and I think they are softwood cuttings, they don't produce a snap sound when I bend them over. what is the best way to root them? i haven't had luck rooting anything so far so I hope they strike for me! I have about 12 to test my luck, any help is much appreciated, thanks!

[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
kennyso #89610 Jul 14th, 2007 at 07:01 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Kenny I rooted some with just placing in water with a drop and just a drop of superthrive in the water( I uses a milk jug cut in 1/2, And I tried dipping the ends of some in root tone and placing in soil mixed with compost. The ones in soil longer to take hold but the ones in the water took very well in about a week I had root nodes starting to develope! after they got about 1"1/2 long I transplanted in soil and waaaalaaaaa it took just fine!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
angelblossom #89824 Jul 14th, 2007 at 10:56 AM
kennyso Offline OP
The Man
3k Posts
OP Offline
The Man
3k Posts
Thanks Angel, its comforting that it roots in water! lol lol

[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
kennyso #92854 Jul 18th, 2007 at 09:38 PM
D Offline
Last fall I took cuttings from my Lantanas and dipped the ends in rooting powder and just pushed them into a small pot w/Miracle Grow potting soil and they spent the winter in my greenhouse. This spring I was able to bring them out and plant them with the mama Lantana who surprisingly came back up. It doesnt seem like it would be hard to start cuttings. Good luck with yours

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image