Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#89239 Jul 13th, 2007 at 12:01 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Right here is where we should've been hugging....

I might have been smiling, but I was sad knowing that we could've been meeting up right then. Made Mark get the St. Paul sign in the background. lol

I kept saying to Mark, we should be meeting Jess right now. BTW, I waved to you---did you see me? lol

[Linked Image]

#89249 Jul 13th, 2007 at 12:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I thought I caught a glimpse of a wave out of the corner of my eye Sunday morning! lol lol

It would have been fun but I totally understand that schedules change and it wasn't able to happen! Maybe you will be coming this way again and it will work out! thumbup Or maybe I will be coming that way someday! notme

Thanks for sharing the pic with the St. Paul sign in the background! kissie

Was it hot then? It was very hot and humid here Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was 100 and Sunday was 95.

#89251 Jul 13th, 2007 at 12:26 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I was hoping you saw me wave. lol

HOT! Hot wasn't the word.... lol

Our sleeping car was WAY down from where that pic was taken, we only wandered so far down the platform because there was a little tiny piece of shade there.

It was so hot I barely wanted to smoke--and it has to be pretty darned hot for that. I was glad to get back on the AC train. lol

You know, Tristen would love a train ride! notme

#89253 Jul 13th, 2007 at 12:29 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I bet Tristen would love a train ride! You just never know! notme

I bet you didn't know that Minnesota got that hot huh?!? When I am out of state and people as where I live and I say MN....they always say...oh man how can you stand it in a place that is so cold all the time? People just have that impression of Minnesota. It is not always freezing cold! lol We have had quite a few of those hot and humid days like that this year! Believe it or not...Saturday was worse than Sunday! It was miserably hot!!

#89259 Jul 13th, 2007 at 12:33 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I only knew it got hot from the times you told me how hot it was, otherwise I'd probably think it stayed a little cooler in the summer.

I was shocked at the wall of heat and humidity that hit me in the face when I got off that train though, Mark wanted 2 cigs....I could only stick it out for one out there. I can't belive Saturday being worse!!!!

BTW, did you get your pool in time for the 4th? lol

If you(or anyone reading this), ever takes a train a long distance, pay the extra for the roomette at least. It's worth it. Really worth it. And your meals are included. You can get family bedrooms with their own bathrooms with showers.

#89285 Jul 13th, 2007 at 01:08 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
No we didn't get our pool in time. So, we just set up a smaller one that we had. We had to have something because we had our party Saturday and that is when it was 100. It was miserable. People were in and out of the house because it was so hot! The kids thought it was great in the pool though. It only cooled down to 76 that night and that was at midnight!

I think it would be really cool to take a train ride! I definitely want to do that one of these days!

#89359 Jul 13th, 2007 at 02:58 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
YUCK, I hate the oppresiveness of the summer heat and humidity.

74 and sunny is perfect to me. It was cool here today, thanks to the cold front that pushed thru.

If ya ever come this way I have 2 spare bedrooms with an open ended invite!

#89361 Jul 13th, 2007 at 03:00 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hey, your mom promised those rooms to me lol

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image