Print Thread
Rate Thread
#84058 Jul 7th, 2007 at 12:24 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I just realized how tall this has gotten since you sent me a piece of your MOT,,WOW!!!!!!! I can't believe it!! Do ya think I should repot it???

[Linked Image]

( P.S.)( I also posted a picture in blooming fine the japanese MG seeds you sent me has bloomed!! I hope I haven't embarrassed my self I marked them as JMG anyway!! lol)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
2k Posts
2k Posts
That is looking good.you can move it to a larger pot.you don't have to go to a much deeper pot.one of mines in a 3 gallon pot the other in a 12 or 14 inch clay pot.One of mine I didn't cut back on at all...and where the bloosoms we're on top it formed a babay plant there and the babay just finished blooming last month like the 21-26 time frame.was weird,but neat.some of the branches have babies formng in them along the stem and they have roots.........

plus I got babies showing up in the plants around them in a 6 ft radious.some babies are 6 inches tall.I got babies on end of leaves...with roots some which stand 1//4 in tall-1//2.

I seen your post with JMG was trying to figure if was the nil cornell one or henko asugo.I think its nil cornell.I want some of your bee balm seeds.I have liliac ones(I keep checking to pick checked 2 days ago when mowed)Your rose 'cuttings' have gone to one,but have this rose spread in yard so can maybe divide one too.Your christmas epi segments are still alive in the shot glass& you have a kumquat seedling growing.If russell takes another job up Dallas area I'll have him get with you,but otherwise waiting for better shipping weather.

I'll have to shoot my MOT growing area(and other plants with MOT babies)

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!
njoynit #88571 Jul 12th, 2007 at 06:15 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Ohhhh Goood Njoynit!!!! I'l;l use a larger pot then!! I sure will save some seeds of bee balm for you Nooo Problem!!! The brugs have gotten a lot taller but no more blooms just the one!!!

The MOT will have to some inside in cooler weather right???

Ohh Man I hope He has a Job in Dallas, and looks me up!! It will be great to meet him!!! I can PM my Phone # if you want it!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
2k Posts
2k Posts
yep it will have to come indoors for frost.I've done them on the porch as cold GH and they've done fine.I just did them in kitchen last year cause I stopped useing that door cause of BIL dogs(they know how to open doors& they don't shut them..letting AC out other dogs out ect.real PITA sometimes...plus they taught my dog...but he uses his mouth,but does not do it every single time like BIL dogs)I plan on getting some small pots filled with soil and starting some babies.I just cleaned the deck of plants so can presure wash it and guess what.is MOT babies growing ON THE DECK.I've 2 pots new now...just from deck floor.

Keep fertilizeing the brugs.besides getting growth yours are settleing their roots too.I've only had one new one out 24 bloom.daydreams had dropped buds but is getting new ones(looks to be 4)but one seems bent at the tip.Both Dr Suess plants have buds one has 1 one has 2.The one returning from ground has just reached their hight and 'y'd.....and the one covered by BES vine...well its not y'd and I staked it.I think the vine enjoys all the fertilizer cause the other BES vine has not even bloomed yet& growing lots slower...with crinuims.while Jamicia yellow has 'y'd...plus has a ft of growth of above'y' plus has 'y'd again and I'm scratching my head as to WHERE's my BUDS?but its foliage has imrpoved greatly and looks lots healthier.Plus still got till late oct-nov for blooms.Unknown pink is of course loaded with blooms right now and are buds opening on frosty.my 2 old faithfuls.

I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!
njoynit #95921 Jul 23rd, 2007 at 07:23 PM
I have lots of MOT (?!) also. It spreads all over and I have to keep picking it out of other beds. Plenty to share, if anyone is interested. I never knew the name. It was a hand out from a non gardener who knew I was. What does MOT stand for?

Julianne
Julianne #95926 Jul 23rd, 2007 at 07:31 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
mother of thousands!

#97693 Jul 27th, 2007 at 06:12 AM
2k Posts
2k Posts
more like mega trillions huh.

I just picked the babies off that formed down stem so can chop my stem.That was on just ONE plant.Mr Katy(SIL duck) he ate hers.so I gladly replaced with some babies(I sent 7 good sized babies over 5 inches and some smaller ones)

njoynit #100191 Jul 30th, 2007 at 01:18 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
The MOT that you sent me didn't make it, njoynit. I was so bummed! I don't know what I did wrong! why

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image