Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#85273 Jul 8th, 2007 at 08:16 PM
OP Offline
Okay, I've fished for many years. I've also raised fish for years. We decided we needed some minnows for our pond to keep our goldfish company...lol. Anyway, we went to the bait shop Friday and bought two dozen minnows. Brain trust that I am, came home and dumped the minnows straight into the pond. They went from lovely chilled water to 85 degree water. Nope, they didn't like it a bit. Once they started jumping out of the water, with me laughing (sick, I know but I still didn't realize the problem), my dh started yelling to get the hose. That worked. We only lost 3 to my brain fart.

Then comes this morning. My dh is disabled so he uses a chair to do garden work. He was placing rocks around our new pond. I was sitting on the patio. I hear...uhhhhh, uhhhhh, uhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Then SPLASH!!! Yep, the chair tipped and he fell in the pond. I panicked and jumped off the patio into the pond to "save him". Reminder...the pond is 3' deep. Told ya I was having a brain day. Anyway, after getting him out, he looks and me and asks if he has his glasses on. Nope. I get back in the pond and start feeling around for the glasses. This was after getting the neighbors skimmer, which wasn't easy since she was laughing so hard, sigh. Anyway, we found the glasses in the hostas.

We lost two more minnows. They are pretty tough guys. Oh, the goldfish are a bit peeved at us though. I can just hear them.....NOW what are you two putting in our pond!!!!!

Sharon

Nicksgram #85292 Jul 8th, 2007 at 08:38 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That is a funny story. Thanks for sharing it. Do you have any relatives in Kentucky?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #85317 Jul 8th, 2007 at 09:08 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
lol that's a great way to end the night, hubby and i giggling together! thumbup thank you for sharing.

Tina #85383 Jul 8th, 2007 at 10:58 PM
OP Offline
Nope..no relatives in KY but we have a favorite restaurant there!

And glad we could make you giggle. We've been doing that all afternoon.

Sharon

Nicksgram #86957 Jul 10th, 2007 at 03:37 PM
Sharon - This sounds like a sketch from an old Laurel & Hardy movie! I'll await episode #2!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,873
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image