Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#80622 Jul 1st, 2007 at 07:05 PM
OP Offline
I've had a small Peace lily for about a year now, and it had flowers when I purchased it, but it hasn't flowered since. It looks healty and grows new leaves, just no flowers. I've fertilized it, keep the soil moist, and it seems to like the amount of light I give it. Any suggestions?

Candace

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
two things. first, they bloom better when root bound, and second, check the fertilizer. for flowers, you want a higher middle number.

#81193 Jul 2nd, 2007 at 03:45 PM
1k Posts
1k Posts
I've had my peace lily for a couple years already and it has only bloomed a few times, just be patient, like Jiffy says it does need to be root bound.

[Linked Image]

Kindness is a language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
OP Offline
Thank you both for the advice. I didn't know it took so long for these plants to bloom again. I'll be patient with my plant now!

1k Posts
1k Posts
The bloom is beautiful and lasts for a long time. It will be worth the wait once you have one.

[Linked Image]

Kindness is a language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
I purchased a Peace lily about four years ago. I split the plant apart and made two plants out of one, which while it was a nice idea, means that I just waited nearly four years for the darn things to bloom again! Rosepetal is right. Its a gorgeous plant in bloom and well worth the wait. Just wish I'd known about the rootbound part years ago!

GardengrlVT
Be Careful What You Wish For, You Might Get It!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image