Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#80671 Jul 1st, 2007 at 08:32 PM
OP Offline
After an education in uploading photos, I've added a few to photobucket. You can visit my album at ~~

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb199/julianne054/

When I figure out how to add a comment, I'll explain what each is. When I was in 'browse', the thumbnails were so small I couldn't make out the photos I was selecting. I hope they're the good ones!

Julianne
Oh wow! I love your waterfall!

Your whole pond and the area around it looks wonderful :-)

~Karen~

The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion
Wild Willow
500 Posts
Wild Willow
500 Posts
Wow!!! Your pond is beautiful! I love the ferns.. and what is that growing down the opposite side of the little rock wall? It looks soft and ferny.. kind of like parrot's feather.

And your Desert rose!!! That is gorgeous.. How far north will those grow? I love it.. flwr

5k Posts
5k Posts
You're pond looks so beautiful. I especially love that waterfall!

Sarah - Zone 5b/6
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
thumbup i agree with everyone else!

#81198 Jul 2nd, 2007 at 03:47 PM
OP Offline
Thanks, everyone! The pond/waterfall was one project my husband and I really enjoyed doing together and one of the first outdoor projects our first spring here (new house.) The waterfall is flanked on the left by regular old run of the mill native ferns I transplanted into the corner of the fern garden in front of the window; they traveled up the side of the waterfall on their own. On the right side is Carolina jasmine. We cut a branch from one of the trees in the backyard and fashioned a 'natural' trellis over the fall. When we were building the waterfall, we added pockets for plants, the aspargus fern (the frilly thing) is very happy there. A large fingered philadendron (I so suck at spelling) hides the waterworks and the bottle brush tree helps a bit too.

The fountain in the garden is awaiting a multi-media mosaic, probably some creeping charlie trained to preform as hillsides in the planned pastoral scene. Note the "planned" part. I still have two bathrooms and a laundry room to put the finishing touches on. My thoughts are that those are perfect winter projects. :~D How I wish I could see the garden all grown up, like Alan's. I have some other garden figure-out-how-to-do-it-yourself projects I need advice on from the group.

Sorry so long winded. My husband's more an avid (or is that rabid?) aquarium entheusist and muscian, so when I can talk garden I have to try to restrain myself. Failed that, didn't I?

Julianne
OP Offline
Oh, I don't know how far north the desert rose will grow. Sorry. They aren't really a desert plant; they prefer a more tropical setting.

Julianne
Fantastic pond!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image