Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Wild Willow
500 Posts
OP Offline
Wild Willow
500 Posts
I need to count all the stalks.. lol It is gonna be so pretty when it finally blooms.

[Linked Image]

Number Seven
1k Posts
Number Seven
1k Posts
That looks great! So thick and healthy looking...betcha can't wait until it blooms! What color is it?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
That's a pretty bush. Is that your dinnerplate hibiscus?

"Those who cling to worthless idols forfeit the grace that could be theirs." Jonah
Wild Willow
500 Posts
OP Offline
Wild Willow
500 Posts
Yes, Dinnerplate/Hardy Hibiscus.. I had never heard it called Dinnerplate til I got on this forum, but the name certainly fits. lol The flowers will be HUGE.

And this one is Pink.. I would so love to find more in different colors. But they seem to be hard to find for some reason.

Would it be possible for me to split this next spring? Does anyone know the RIGHT way to do it? I don't want to harm/kill it! shock

I've never tried to divide one. I'm so grateful to get one to grow, I'm afraid to touch it!!

"Those who cling to worthless idols forfeit the grace that could be theirs." Jonah
Wild Willow
500 Posts
OP Offline
Wild Willow
500 Posts
lol Well I have to do something with it.. it gets bigger and bigger every year!!! It is going to take over the yard.. neener I would LOVE to make a natural fence out of some.. wouldn't that be gorgeous once they all bloomed!!?? flwr

Beautiful!! I'd love to see that!

Wild Willow
500 Posts
OP Offline
Wild Willow
500 Posts
OMGosh!! I know.. wouldn't it be absolutely stunning? I wish I could get my hands on a few more bulbs.. I saw someone selling seeds on eBay.. are these from seeds? I don't understand.. mine was a bulb.. why Can someone please clarify for me??

I have one of these too! It is about the same height. Mine is white. I cheated and bought mine potted at the nursery. I am glad it came back this is it's second year and we had a nasty cold spell this winter (below zero) so I think it passed the hardy test.
Yay!

Wild Willow
500 Posts
OP Offline
Wild Willow
500 Posts
Awww.. don't feel like that is cheating!! You gotta start em somehow, right? thumbup

Too bad you and I couldn't trade a bit somehow.. I have Pink and would love some White.. lol

I am pretty clueless about propogation, if they seed, I will send you some.
;)

The Man
3k Posts
The Man
3k Posts
maybe cuttings will work?

[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
Hey, Pink Horse. I've been dashing in and out lately--I do like Heart flowers--I buy mine from the nursery. Here's a pic of one of them. Day before yesterday, it had one bloom, then on the 4th it looked like this.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

2k Posts
2k Posts
yes they form seeds.these grow roots.I've grown the one like gardenmoms.I got seeds for it on here from someone I got my pretoria cannas from.They don't like transplanted in the fall.These we're one of the 2 that I WS that got the tops burned from our freak snow event.you have to watch for whiteflys.My white red eye don't get whiteflys is why he stays.I'd pinch the pods off now so will keep in flower but can let one stem go for seed.
I had 3 yeasterday none today.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image