Print Thread
Rate Thread
#79304 Jun 29th, 2007 at 10:29 PM
Wild Willow
500 Posts
OP Offline
Wild Willow
500 Posts
Just a couple random pics I took tonight.. the fish are so elusive.. I think my icky water is making them worse.. they can 'hide' in the deep part.. I want them to be tame!! The pond pic is just one I took while I was 'trying' to get the fish to come pose for me.. lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
thumbup it looks like your water is claring a little though. and i love your solar pump!

#79861 Jun 30th, 2007 at 01:18 PM
1k Posts
1k Posts
Hey looking nice. Give us some overall pictures so we can see it all. For those of us with no ponds, yours is the closest to one we'll ever get. Thanks lots for sharing.

[Linked Image]

Kindness is a language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
Rosepetal #79877 Jun 30th, 2007 at 01:29 PM
Wild Willow
500 Posts
OP Offline
Wild Willow
500 Posts
Thanks Jiffy, but the water really isn't any better. why I don't know why.. I am sick of cleaning the filter. Bleh.. I am just letting it do it's thing for now... until I get the motivation to try something different. Isn't that an awful attitude?? neener And the solar thing, it is just a floating fountain.. not hooked to the pump/filter.. and it is no longer solar. I bought it at Lowe's cause I really wanted a fountain for the lower part of the pond for some water action.. That was the only one they had so I got it.. but it doesn't have a battery, so it doesn't hold a charge either. rspb As soon as there was no direct sun on it, it would stop. So I said something to hubby and being the wonderful 'can-do-anything' man that he is, he converted it to electric. He said we could paint over the solar panels with some good enamel and you would never even know.. but I don't mind the panels.. I am just happy it works later into the evening now. I love that fountain. The little dragonfly on it is on a spring and bobbles when the water hits it.. I was afraid it would look tacky, but it is actually very cute in action. clap

And thank you for the compliment Rosepetal!! I got my mulch today.. a whole truck bed full.. so I should have some finished pictures very soon!!!

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
i love the way it looks, and be thankful for your can do hubby, they are hard to find.

and, when you plants get more established, the water will clear some.

#80074 Jun 30th, 2007 at 08:32 PM
Wild Willow
500 Posts
OP Offline
Wild Willow
500 Posts
Thank you Jiffy!! I am glad you like it!! thumbup I do too.. it is so calming sitting out there listening to the waterfall and the fountain. And believe me, I am very thankful for hubby!! He makes me life sooo much easier. kissie

Um, how will the plants help my water clear up? How long does that usually take?

And here are a couple more pics of my fish I got tonight.. they seemed a bit more friendly tonight.. not sure why.. I also posted a cute pic of a baby frog in the critter corner.. :wink:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Pinkhorseofcourse; Jun 30th, 2007 at 08:34 PM.
Twinkle
3k Posts
Twinkle
3k Posts
what kind of fish are those....koi? butterfly koi? fantail goldfish? they are very pretty but look huge!

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

OUR HOME NEEDS OUR GNOME!
faerywatcher #87009 Jul 10th, 2007 at 05:29 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
If you try to always feed at the same time at the same part of your pond, the fish will get friendlier. They will be expecting something nice from you. If you need to do something to the pond that upsets them, do it in a different area as much as possible. Like feed them away from that filter you need to clean every so often.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #87259 Jul 10th, 2007 at 11:26 PM
Wild Willow
500 Posts
OP Offline
Wild Willow
500 Posts
lol They aren't that big really faerywatcher.. I just like to get up close and personal.. I have three comet goldfish, were told they were koi.. I have another post somewhere asking what kind of fish they are.. and then the other two are just fancy tailed goldfish. The fancy tails are so pretty.. I especially like the orange and white one with the black tipped fins.. he is so pretty. And the friendliest of all of them. My daughter can actually hold him in her hand under water. LOL

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
thumbup looking good!

#91677 Jul 17th, 2007 at 02:41 AM
5k Posts
5k Posts
love your pond! and your fish! the fan tail is soooooo pretty!

think i woulda got a mirror and stuck it in the ground so the sun woulda reflected off it onto the solar pannel, [wonder if that woulda worked] anyho glad its working for ya:}

[Linked Image]
sibyl #92741 Jul 18th, 2007 at 06:08 PM
Yes, I like it too, Pinkhorse. We just got back from a trip to the mountains, and brought back about 500 lbs. of rocks in hubby's truck. They're for our FF (future fountain!)

"Those who cling to worthless idols forfeit the grace that could be theirs." Jonah

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image