Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#78499 Jun 28th, 2007 at 07:38 PM
OP Offline
I bought at beautiful frilly cyclamen at the grocery store at which I work. I have been trying to keep it moist and with a little light. Despite this it has been losing leaves. They are turning yellow and dying. I lose one a day or so. I don't know why. I don't think it has too much light or too much/little water. Is it just being difficult? rspb I tend to stick to plants that will survive my routine of heavy watering every two weeks. I have plenty happy ones that handle it and if they can't they are out! But this one is so pretty I hope I can make it happy. Any suggestions would be great.

Tamara from Minnesota #78570 Jun 29th, 2007 at 03:18 AM
500 Posts
500 Posts
I know why! This is classic and ok. My mother "lost" one every year for a long time and then gave up on them. They have a summer dormancy cycle! Yours is happily doing what it ts supposed to do. Let it get a bit drier than you usually do, don't change it's lighting, and sometime around mid August pick up with the water again. Some varieties loose all their leaves, some just most, some just get really ratty looking, but it'll come back, maybe with flowers before leaves.

May God bless the WHOLE world!
margaret e. pell #79203 Jun 29th, 2007 at 06:50 PM
OP Offline
Oh. Thanks so much. It still has a lot of flowers but I suppose it wants to flower, seed and rest. Too bad I just bought the thing!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,856
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image