Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#75565 Jun 24th, 2007 at 10:02 PM
Sami Offline OP
500 Posts
OP Offline
500 Posts
Hey everyone! It's been a long time since I've been here. I've been so busy with school & such that I just haven't had time. badday I posted a problem in the houseplants section and thought I'd take a second to say "Hi!" to everyone! wavy

I quit having time for the forum when I got a new job (nearly 3 years ago). Since then many, many things have changed. My husband, in the last 2 years, has lost his best friend, his mom, his dad & his uncle. It's been rough. His mom was the last one, about 1 1/2 weeks ago, and we are moving into the house he grew up in. It's very nice considering we've been in a mobile home for 11 years. So, I have much more room for houseplants and shade plants.

The land we've been living on had no shade so I've killed lots of things in the full sun and have learned to love bulbs! Bulbs just keep coming back with very little maintenance. And, I finally got my morning glories to take off last year and this year they reseeded beautifully.

But, now I have a new chapter and will begin learning more about things that appreciate shade! From the funeral, I ended up with a second rubber plant (the first came from his dad's funeral), a scheffelara (sp?), a couple of ivies, a gardenia and a bromiliadina (which is beautiful but I know nothing about!). I've, also, inherited a few plants that I don't even know the names of.

I've taken the summer off from school to try to get things reorganized at home, then this happened with his mom and I have even more to do before going back to school in the fall. My son will be graduating from high school this coming year and my daughter will be starting Kindergarten!

I think that's the short catch-up! I miss everyone here! Maybe I can make more time here and there to drop by! Love you all!!! kissie

Talentless but connected.
Sami #75577 Jun 24th, 2007 at 10:39 PM
The Gnome
3k Posts
The Gnome
3k Posts
I've missed you too! Thank you! kissie

Wild Willy #75583 Jun 25th, 2007 at 03:39 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Welcome back Sami.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Sunflowers #76332 Jun 25th, 2007 at 07:47 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
kissie so glad to see you drop back in!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image