Rate Thread
#74046 Jun 22nd, 2007 at 05:45 PM
kennyso Offline OP
The Man
3k Posts
OP Offline
The Man
3k Posts
I would like to try filling in my garden with some variosu types of mints...hyssop, reg. mint, lemon balm...anything that is eay to grow in the family...let me know what you want in return. I can get some cuttings from my neighbours: a current/beryr of some sort, rose of sharon, japanese spirea, lilac, clematis, or some (what I believe is) Pruniatum Blue Sedum

[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
Little Sprout
5k Posts
Little Sprout
5k Posts
Kenny,

I have some spearmint[it's either that or peppermint, I think spearmint though] plants growing... I don't know how to send/collect/whatever cuttings/rooted plants, but if you want to wait a couple of weeds for it to seed, I can send a bunch of seeds.. lol

Let me know..

--Mark--

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

THE SPROUT IS BACK!
1k Posts
1k Posts
Mark, bruise a leaf of each mint-the peppermint will smell like a candy cane tastes, and the spearmint will smell like toothpaste.

hey guys, mint doesn't always come true to seed, it likes to pollinate with about anything else, so best to send cuttings...

[Linked Image]
"My Treasures do not clink together or glitter. They gleam in the sun and neigh in the night"

Old Arab Proverb

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image