Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#73788 Jun 22nd, 2007 at 01:20 PM
500 Posts
OP Offline
500 Posts
Okay, I'm not crazy, or at least I don't think I am crazy, but, where did the seeds go?

I snipped seeds from Echium fastuosum while in San Francisco. I dried them out when I got home and now I don't see the seeds. rolz

Here's a pic.

[Linked Image]

Am I literaly missing something here?

Where did the seeds go?

Well, having considered the evidence before me ......

I think you are crazy! :)

500 Posts
OP Offline
500 Posts
Gee, thanks alot starfish! lol

I tell ya, there were black seeds when I removed them from the bush, really.

Others?

The Man
3k Posts
The Man
3k Posts
hmmmm...maybe aonly a portion of the seeds wer eready, and maybe you dropped them

OR

you're loosing your seeds (I mean marbles) lol

[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
kennyso #74890 Jun 24th, 2007 at 05:06 AM
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Are you sure those are seedheads and not flowerheads. I don't see anything that looks like a pod to me. But then I'm not familar with the flower you are trying to harvest.

Have you looked on the seed site where they identify the pods and seeds of different plants to see if they have a picture?

I know with the chives that I just finished harvesting I let them dry out completely then just held them by the stem and tapped them on the napkin and the seeds fell out all over.

So if there were seeds I would say they ended up in your luggage or they were never there. Or you just need to tap the seedheads on a paper towel or something that is mostly white so you can see them and see if they come out.

[Linked Image]
500 Posts
OP Offline
500 Posts
Hey Kenny,
The seeds were definitely there and black! lol
That I do know. :wink:

Tammy,
I didn't know there were flowerhead seeds and seedheads. What is the difference? That may be what has happened here. At any rate, here's a pic of the plant/flower.

[Linked Image]

I tried cleaning off the dried whatevers and I think I may have the seeds. To the right of the picture below. Do I? And, could this be flowerseeds instead of seedheads? What next?

[Linked Image]

5k Posts
5k Posts
the seed site has a pic of the seeds, thumbup
looks like there might be somthing in the flower/seedhaeds, did you break one open to see if theres anything in there?
pretty flowers!

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image