I posted a while back about bugs destroying the flowers on my cactus ( //www.agardenersforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/55463/page/1#Post55463 ). I never saw more than 2 or 3 of these bugs, but they found their way to my marigold. I was very proud, as I grew it from seed, and it has a flower bud - the only one big enough so far. In addition to finding two of these same bugs on it's leaf, the flower bud now looks like it has taken damage. In fact, the marigold's leaves are looking sad as well.

These bugs are TINY. My eyes are terrible (like old lady eyes on a 21 year old) and I can't really make out any details. The look like a small pencil mark, long and thin. They move, but not faster than me, so it's not too difficult to squish them. They are yellow-ish. Any clues as to what they might be, or how to go about finding out would be great.

There's no obvious signs of damage to the cactus (other than the flowers), and I'm not sure if the marigold doesn't have other pests (I've found leaf miner trails in some other plants, and who knows what else is there.)

Both these plants are on my porch.