Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everyone,

I just thought I would post a few photos of some Victorian Mansions of Cape May
New Jersey. Hubby and I went to a Bed and Breakfat in Cape May on Saturday to Sunday.... It was breathtaking with all of the beautiful ornate detail of the Old Victorian Mansions. Each mansion more different and individual than the next.

I only wish we could build somthing like this today.......

enjoy,

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If you've never seen them, may I suggest checking them out in person.

I would LOVE to have any one of these Mansions...... ;)

Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
I would like to know the history behind alot of the houses....it would probably be scary.....lol
They just look so inviting and yet relaxing....

[Linked Image] I LOVE all of the mansards and gingerbreads.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

TweetyBird
10k Posts
TweetyBird
10k Posts
Gorgeous. I love old houses too. There are quite a few up here. And quite a few regal looking gateways to nowhere where an old one burned down or fell down from disrepair :(
I need to go to Cape May.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
My husband grew up near Cape May - in Margate City.
I've only been on a short day trip to Cape May, but it was a very nice area indeed!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
Cape May is definately a beautiful area....I've been reading about all of the Victorian Mansions down there, it's amazing......I would like to take a tour of each of them.....lol
Hubby and I were joking that we could go bed and breakfast hopping....lol
That would be expensive but fun bop

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
flwr

Kratz,

Glad you had such a wonderful trip ......Victorian is my most favorite house.

I was watching HGTV.......the other nite an they had an antique person show one of those......One piece of furniture there was worth $25,000......ANd they hand the house down to 7 generations so far..........It was gorgous.

Now I been hunting you to tell you the place where you sent me, with doll houses. I did buy the house,, love it...BUt I ordered the furniture for it later and they was out of it....They gave me back the MOney spent on the furniture, but they refuse to send the Shipping money......$4.95.. I wrote them 2 times, and they ignore me completely.
They do not have a toll free number, so we didnt call, because that would cost more than the $5.00.........Never again.
Careful on that one.

barb

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
I would love to have a front porch like this....

[img][IMG]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/...an%20Bed%20and%20Breakfasts/DSCF0454.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/...%20Bed%20and%20Breakfasts/DSCF0464-1.jpg[/img][/img]

This is a pretty cool way to do window boxes......

[img][IMG]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/...an%20Bed%20and%20Breakfasts/DSCF0518.jpg[/img][/img]

Do you have any Victorian Houses in your part of the world?

Last edited by Kratz7; Jul 24th, 2007 at 04:35 AM.
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
breakfast

None at all.........
Probably all the trims are too expensive today.....Most houses have gone modern here.........
I love the look tho........I have a 2 sided porch, and it is expensive to keep up....Hd idea to keep it ........

However it has its morals.......
My house is all white......I dont use window planters at all.. They mess up the sides..I think.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
breakfast lol,
I took that picture of a house in Cape May.....where alot of the houses are Victorian......
The window boxes dress up the house a bit, and I thought this was a cool idea of how to build your own.....

flwr I don't think I would window boxes on a white house either ...... flwr

[img][IMG]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/...an%20Bed%20and%20Breakfasts/DSCF0527.jpg[/img][/img]

I just love all of the detail......

Dodge,
there is a dollhouse shop in Cape May called Cape May Miniatures. The guy that owns it builds his own dollhouses for people (replicas of the ones in town)and anyothers you would ask for.... they are beautiful........ just to see them if you ever go to Cape May......

I got a pretty little custom made brass lamp....for my 18 wedding anniversary in June....... I'll have to post a photo
sometime

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
breakfast,,

Thanks for sharing Kratz,

That is lovely..And yes he did put lots into that photo.
I like it too........My house isnt fancy but white is easy to do.. Ha ha

Wanna see what you anniversary gift was..

They are the sweetest even victorian decorations at home .. I prefer the Burgundy velvet with lace decoration ........I love that color and victorian lace..

Will be watching.......

Have a nice day..
here is a 2nd coffee breakfast ;o)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Dodge, Thanks for the cup of coffee....it was very good...(starbucks or Dunkin?)

I'll try and post some photos of the anniversary lamp from Cape May in the hobbies and crafts area.....probably a little later today.....
In the meantime here is a photo of the bed and breakfast we stayed at.

[img][IMG]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/...ens%20Bed%20and%20Breakfast/DSCF0532.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/...ens%20Bed%20and%20Breakfast/DSCF0534.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/...ens%20Bed%20and%20Breakfast/DSCF0538.jpg[/img][/img]
This was our bedroom for the time we were there.....it was very pretty

I'm there with you on the white lace and burgundy red velvet....
I like all of the ornate trim and the cool colors of the details..... too
breakfast

Last edited by Kratz7; Jul 29th, 2007 at 08:57 AM.
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
breakfast,

Starbucks today.

They even have the ole fsshioned dressers there.

Very nice and neat.........
What did they serve for breakfast>......

Glady you man shares your joy.

b

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey thanks Dodge..... bop

....I like Starbucks coffee and it goes down so smoothly
.....We should have some iced tea for the afternoons....lol

They served breakfast from 9:00am - 10:00 am.(a bit late for me...... I'm an extremely early riser and awoke at 4:30 am....no computer to play and I needed to do something....so hubby got up with me, we went out got coffee and donuts and walked along the beach. We were able to watch the sunrise, and then walk around town and take photos of alot of the Victorian houses.

I'm truly a lucky gal when it comes to my hubby, we've known each other long enough to respect each other, but not kill the other for our differences. lol
I can honestly say He is my BEST FRIEND and SOUL MATE....

This window is at the bottom of the landing..... at the Albert Stevens Bed and Breakfast......

[img][IMG]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/...ens%20Bed%20and%20Breakfast/DSCF0484.jpg[/img][/img]

This is standing at the first floor level in the foyer looking up at the bottom of the stairs (Underside)......almost artwork in its own right.

[img][IMG]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/...ens%20Bed%20and%20Breakfast/DSCF0485.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/...ens%20Bed%20and%20Breakfast/DSCF0486.jpg[/img][/img]

This is when houses were built really well. We have some Victorian houses in our town, I should take some photos too an post them for all to see...... ;)

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
thumbup

Thanks for sharing this.....I live in an old old house , but it is nothing that elaborate.......
Has Oak floors and stairway, But I love doilies and lace like they use to have.

We traveled out west about 9 times into the rural areas and stayed at motels mostly.....Cheap ones. ANd we would be wide awake 2 or 3 hours earlier than they were.....SO we would tour the neighbor hoods and hunt for a Place that was open early.............They could tell we were strangers, cause no one knew us..
So few folks there....

One trip we took was 4000 thousand miles, by car...We always drove.. We like the farm countrys.......Went to colorado to see the snow capped mountains in July .......It was so exciting to us......Wyoming went on forever......It was something else......One long highway for 2 solid hours.....Very few cars and got scarey in the end.. ha ha
Need a good auto for that ..

breakfast........I am out of tea.

b

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,860
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image