Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#65450 Jun 13th, 2007 at 11:53 AM
OP Offline
I read the forums all the time and find you guys so useful, so your help is appreciated beforehand!!!

Three days ago i bought a packet of morning glory seeds, on the packet i read that to help with germination i could nick it a bit with a nail file and soak it in water overnight; so last night i did both, but this morning the seeds looked bloated and also like they exploted. Are this seeds still good? or did i just destroyed them before gemination? I want to know so i can buy more seeds. thanks a bunch!!!!!

If you haven't got all the things you want, be grateful for the things you don't have that you don't want.
TweetyBird
10k Posts
TweetyBird
10k Posts
Thats exactly what they're supposed to do grin Plant them they're fine!!

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Wrennie #65501 Jun 13th, 2007 at 12:24 PM
OP Offline
Yessss!!!! you made my day! But let me tell you they looked almost scary to me. To the garden they go!!!

Thnks

If you haven't got all the things you want, be grateful for the things you don't have that you don't want.
The Man
3k Posts
The Man
3k Posts
When you soak seeds (nicked or unnicked) the bloating just means that water is getting to the seed and dhould sprout just fine!

[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
kennyso #66519 Jun 14th, 2007 at 07:27 PM
OP Offline
Thanks kennyso, hopefully this cold weather in June wont delay their growing.

TweetyBird
10k Posts
TweetyBird
10k Posts
I planted some right in the garden, kinda late for my zone (5) and theyre up and about 1 1/2" or 2" tall. When it gets hot again, watch out! They'll zip right up there.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image