Print Thread
Rate Thread
#62740 Jun 10th, 2007 at 07:14 PM
Wild Willow
500 Posts
OP Offline
Wild Willow
500 Posts
Ok, here are two pictures.. they are all I have at the moment.. Please disregard my rude frog who seems to be flipping everyone off... zoink LOL

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
lol thumbup lol What a funny looking frog!

I'm not sure what they are, I'd think they were goldfish but I've never owned a koi so it's hard for me to say for sure.

TweetyBird
10k Posts
TweetyBird
10k Posts
Nice fish whatever they are!
link to a koi type poster
This tidbit is from this site
Mature Koi commonly grow to between 24" and 36", and live 50 to 75 years! Some Koi have reached nearly 4' and at least one Koi has been reported to have lived in excess of 200 years.

The best environment for Koi is to provide them with a minimum of 1000 gallons of water, with a minimum depth of 4 feet, a large filter, and good circulation and oxygenation.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
500 Posts
500 Posts
I'm 90% sure those are goldfish :) nice goldfishes as well grin

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
What a cute frog! I don't know anything about fish so I can't help you out with that but I really liked the pics so had to comment!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
they look just like some of my goldfish...

Wild Willow
500 Posts
OP Offline
Wild Willow
500 Posts
Thanks everyone for the compliments.. glad you like my critters!! ;)

And bleh, goldfish!! Had I known we were gonna end up with plain goldfish, I would have bought some of the cute fancy tailed, bulgy headed ones at WalMart.. oh well.. these were free.. maybe I will buy 'just one' to stick in there with them.. you guys think that would be ok?? To add another kind in there with those?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
i have 2 of the buggy eyed ones that were given to me in with my 5 plain ones. and i'll tell you a secret. you don't want to spend a lot of money on fish until you are sure that they can escape any critters that go fishing. i've lost lots of goldfish to whatevers fishing...

Wild Willow
500 Posts
OP Offline
Wild Willow
500 Posts
Well, I don't think they are very expensive at Wal Mart, I think $5 a piece at the most. And I am not certain, but I don't know if we will have many 'fisher critters' here.. we have several outside cats, plus we have dogs that roam the area all day when we are outside.. one being a very large Chocolate Lab.. AKA: The Big Dumb Dog.. ROFL But thanks so much for the heads up!!

Wild Willow
500 Posts
OP Offline
Wild Willow
500 Posts
Thanks Afgreyparrot! I like to get 'up close and personal' when I take pics!! LOL

And bleh, goldfish! Oh well.. I am going to WalMart Friday, you bet your rear I am gonna buy me a cute fancy tailed bulgy eyed fishy!! Ha ha.. watch, they will be out of them. :P

I believe the fish are comets which are a type of goldfish. If you look closely at thier mouth Koi have whiskers in the corner of their mouth some are quite small but only one in the corner on each side of their mouth when they are small that is the only way to tell the difference between koi and comets . By the time they get that big the wiskers should be pretty easy to see. The comets are so pretty just dont get so big There are even some that have long fins that are so pretty Lots of Luck Betty

Wild Willow
500 Posts
OP Offline
Wild Willow
500 Posts
Thanks so much Betty, for your input.. I would definitely say I have goldfish.. Which is funny, cause the guy my husband works with told him they were Koi, so either he has Koi and goldfish, or he has a pond full of goldfish that he THINKS are Koi.. ROFL lol

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image