Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#58997 Jun 5th, 2007 at 09:57 PM
OP Offline
Here is the hubby's pride and joy (okay, I love it just as much lol). He designed this while overseas with the military last year and built it after he returned this past March.

During the day:

[Linked Image]

And at night from the opposite POV:

[Linked Image]

It is raised up so that we don't have to worry about the kids getting into it. Our 3 year old daughter and 20 month old son love to play in water lol, so it would be a chore constantly keeping them away from it. The grassy area between the pond and the back deck is eventually going to be where concrete is poured for our patio, hopefully by the end of the summer, depending on the budget.

~Karen~

The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion
HummingbirdMO #59022 Jun 6th, 2007 at 04:16 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Oh, very nice. It looks so calming in the evening with the glow of lights.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
#59330 Jun 6th, 2007 at 09:34 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Very pretty! Do you fish make it thru your winters okay in the raised setup???? Just curious because I know here with our winters there has to be a section that's at least 3 feet deep for them to overwinter.

#59416 Jun 6th, 2007 at 10:53 AM
OP Offline
Thanks everyone :) We are really enjoying having the pond.

It is very calming to sit out there after dinner and have a drink or just sit and relax for a little while.

Loz:

I don't know yet about the fish as this is all new to us, will have to ask hubby tonight how deep the deepest part is, I am thinking it is close to 3 feet, but not sure. Thanks for mentioning it, I would hate for anything to happen to them.

~Karen~

The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion
HummingbirdMO #59613 Jun 6th, 2007 at 06:12 PM
That's a very nice pond. I have been thinking about doing one myself, but I am not sure about how much work it will be or the $$ factor.

Beautiful, beautiful!

manderlyh #59634 Jun 6th, 2007 at 06:26 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
It's very beautiful! thumbup I'm not sure what your winters are like there.....and I'm not sure how above ground ponds work.....but the 3 feet here for our winters has to be down in the ground--not above. I sure hope it works out for you over the winter--it's so pretty. thumbup

HummingbirdMO #59700 Jun 6th, 2007 at 07:01 PM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
humming bird

Oh how your a heart breaker with that pond there.

Good job and happy fishing.....MY sister had a frog in a bikini at her pond side.

ha ha

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image