Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#58149 Jun 4th, 2007 at 06:46 PM
500 Posts
OP Offline
500 Posts
A few days ago, I transplanted white bleeding heart to a much larger pot.

Here's what the plant looked like then.

[Linked Image]

Here's what I have as of today.
[Linked Image]

It was such a pretty plant. tears Suggestions, tips,
advice?

Deep Purple
2k Posts
Deep Purple
2k Posts
wow! what a difference!

do you have it in the same location as you did before the move to the bigger pot? if not, put it back where it was.

other than that, i've no idea what else to do...i've never had bleeding hearts.

good luck with it...sure was a beauty! i'm sure you can nurse it back to health tho!

someone here will know what to do!

Zone 6b
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Wow that's terrible!!! I just bougt a new one this spring and planted it with no shock at all!!!! That's not good.

Although mine look nothing like that really, I have 2 fern leaf ones.

What kind of sun conditions do you have them in???? Mine are in deep, deep shade.

Last edited by loz; Jun 4th, 2007 at 08:13 PM.
It's already bloomed, right? (I see the blooms--that's why Im saying this).

Is your bleeding heart an old-fashioned? Mine is already beginning to die back for the year. But my leaves are slowly turning yellow, not just falling off.

I hope someone has come ideas for you!

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
manderlyh,

Hate to tell you, but that is NOT a Bleeding Heart plant/
Although it is very nice, it isnt Bleeding heart that we own.. It is a soft shaped leaf.
Check out Bleeding heart photos on here.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
^I was just going my what floweringchild said on the opening post. I have a bleeding heart, and it looks nothing like the one in the frist post. I'm a little confused as to whose plant you are talking about--mine or the one in the opening post. (And I know mine is an old fashioned bleeding heart) :P

The Man
3k Posts
The Man
3k Posts
There trwo plants that I know of that are called bleeding heart. The one that I hear most often is the dicentra. This one is aka bleeding heart the houseplant or a bleeding heart vine

[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
500 Posts
OP Offline
500 Posts
joyclyn,
The plant is in another location. I can't move it back to original location because the pot is way too heavy. It is in shade for the most part tho. Thanks, I hope to nurse it back but does not seem promising. Will definitely try tho!

Laura,
Would love to see yoru bleeding hearts. My sun conditions -I would say dappled shade; its under my house eave.

manderlyn, yes, it already bloomed. I'm sorry for the confusion because of dodge's comments. Thanks Kenny for clearing up the confusion for the 2nd time as a result of dodge's present post as well as a previous post sometime back on bleeding hearts.

YES dodge, this is a bleeding heart. Look at the website I cut and pasted for you.

Botanic name: Clerodendrum Thomsoniac

Common name: bleeding heart vine

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/506/

I'm hoping the plant makes it.

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
nono

Here is what Dodge has in her garden as an Old fashioned Bleeding heart......

Your is the Bleeding Heart VINE>>>>>>>>>>

From now on dodge will keep her mouth shut.

http://henryfields.com/search.asp?d...Heart&sid=602262&gclid=CJHE6ZKxy
Check this out..........

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
500 Posts
OP Offline
500 Posts
As of today, my white bleeding heart looks like it bit the dust. Oh well, I'll keep it a little longer in the pot then see "Mr. Whitman" a neighbor who sells them, for another one I suppose, that is, if he has any left. The next time around I'm going to place the new one near the pot it will go into for a few weeks, then transplant it. How does that sound?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Awww, that's a real shame. tears I hate when people lose a plant. I hope if you get another one it makes it!

I've never saw a bleeding heart vine before....if I were to see one I'd buy it! lol

500 Posts
OP Offline
500 Posts
Thanks loz! Went back to Mr. Whitman's and purchased another white BH. I sure hope this one makes it. I am leaving it in it's pot, placed it where it will be transplanted. Think I'll wait a few weeks before I do this. Check out the cute little wooden trellis. Mr. Whitman threw that in this time.He actually made it. Sweet man ;) I am hoping I will not need that little trellis for long. I have one in another area of the courtyard and it is, I would say, ten feet tall, blooms, pink with red. I have it on a large trellis. I'll try to get a snap and post.

[Linked Image]

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Oh, so very pretty. I've never seen those before.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image