Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#57547 Jun 3rd, 2007 at 07:03 PM
bucky Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi, I am new to the forum but thought it would be interesting to join this forum as I just love flowers of any kind and when I have questions just don't know where to ask. I am sure I will find out a lot of things about flowers here from the experts.

We have many geranium plants, some are as much as 5 years old. We winter them in the house and then move them outside when the weather is not going to freeze. Needless to say our living room has become a room full of plants that we don't want to freeze.

My question is, this year we have bountiful leaves and I would think by this time we would have lots of flowers but we don't. On some we have one blossom but most of them none. They are various varieties so that is not it. I have not pruned them at all so they are extremely full, would this be the problem? Can anyone help me? Thank you

Judy
bucky #57556 Jun 3rd, 2007 at 07:12 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
it depends on what you are feeding them. the middle number on your food needs to be higher to promote blooms, if i'm not mistaken. weezie, another of the hostesses could tell you better, but she's been out taking care of her husband.

if i'm wrong, i promise someone will come along and correct me lol

#57641 Jun 3rd, 2007 at 09:45 PM
Your indoor light source is probably good enough to produce leaves but not strong enough to produce blooms. Are the plants with blooms the closest to a south or west window or artificial light source? The best indoor light falls far short in comparison to sunlight.

Do you harden off your over-wintered plants before moving them outside for the warm season?

herbalyn #57841 Jun 4th, 2007 at 09:07 AM
bucky Offline OP
OP Offline
The plants are all outside now and have been for about a month.

No, we just placed them outside and they would do okay over the years.

We haven't fed them anything, just watered them as they are so luscious looking with healthy leaves. Better feed them huh?

Judy

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,813
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image