Print Thread
Rate Thread
#51947 May 26th, 2007 at 09:01 AM
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I went out to look at my garden. Something that gives me pleasure during the day. And a bunch of my radishes were smashed flat. As I'm looking at them this guy comes by and says I sat there is there a problem. (I'm thinking something along the lines of 'Yes, your mom didn't have an abortion.')

But I said, "Yes, you sat on my radishes." I had to repeat it three times before he understood what I said.

I know these people were raised in the city but come on. If the land is cultivated don't walk, sit, stand, dig holes in it or let your dog pooh in it. How hard could it be?

[Linked Image]
#51954 May 26th, 2007 at 09:25 AM
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
This guy had to be stupid. There is poison oak all around that area. It's hard to kill and since it doesn't bother me I've pretty much left it alone.

[Linked Image]
tkhooper #51983 May 26th, 2007 at 11:18 AM
Oh! That just burns my hiney! People have no respect anymore when it comes to someone elses property.

I live in a mobile home park and because of a parking shortage, guests have to park in a different area and then walk to whoever they are going to see. They walk right through my yard. It happens mostly at night. They have walked on my plants, tripped over my border fence and bent it up. GRRR!

I have complained to the manager but that does no good because I can't identify who they are visiting when they go through my yard. Since it happens mostly at night, I have done little things to hinder them. It is really wet here in the late fall, winter and early spring. The dirt is mushy, slippery and slimey. I killed all the grass where they walk and they sink, slip and fall down. One night I heard someone fall and cuss. I went outside in the morning and his money had fallen out of his pocket. That was a nice find. lol Its dry right now so I leave my hose snaked across my yard.

I wish people had more respect.

tkhooper #52049 May 26th, 2007 at 01:27 PM
Ugh! I hate stupid, unobservant people! I should plant some poison oak!!!!!

My neighbor's boyfriend was weed-eating her fence and he went down my fence too. Well, I just happened to have a baby witeria planted there for only about a month. It was so healthy and only about a foot tall. I thought it was obvious to any idiot that it was not a weed! The weed-eater pulled it out of the ground a couple inches, and shredded and twisted the top where it was wacked at! But thankfully and very shockingly it is expected to make a full recovery. (I put a tomato cage around it!) thumbup

Johnna in Oklahoma
#52267 May 27th, 2007 at 04:28 AM
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I've thought about getting one of those little wire fences that you get at the dollar store. And I may just do that. Something to stick up there backside when they sit on my garden.

I'm so sorry it has to be that way.

[Linked Image]
tkhooper #52692 May 28th, 2007 at 05:32 AM
OMG, OMG!!! I can't believe someone that stupid. I hope your radishes straighten back out. I know how you feel because my FATHEAD dog keeps laying in some of my flowerbeds and smushing some of my stuff. Makes me furious. Oh well, I just go get some bfr's (big friggin rocks) and place around in my bed and it doesn't look half bad. Kinda adds character. Ha Ha. He just better hope I don't drop one of those BFR's on his BIG FAT HEAD!!

Sherri
sbreland #52702 May 28th, 2007 at 05:46 AM
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
They can be interesting upon occassion. Dogs that is not pesky people. There was a post a good long while ago about a cat that did that. But I don't remember the details. I love your idea of adding rocks to the flower bed to make it less attractive to the dog.

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image