Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#46975 May 17th, 2007 at 02:06 PM
OP Offline
Okay so it's been a while and I was just wondering since I'm finally getting around to planting things.... Anyway on to my question....

We purchased and planted a Yoshino Cherry to balance out my Purpleleaf Plum (Cherry) when they are blooming.

Is my Yoshino Cherry going to bloom this year or will it take a few years?

When should I prune it? How often?

Thanks in Advance!!!
Plant Faerie (Star)
Richmond Indiana

PlantFaerie #54989 May 31st, 2007 at 04:32 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Depends on how large your tree is. It also might not bloom at exactly the same time as the other cherry tree you have.

I wouldn't prune it unless totally necessary in the first year or so. Crossed branches, broken or damaged branches should be cut.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Sunflowers #55462 May 31st, 2007 at 05:37 PM
I need some help to identify what is happening to my lemom tree. One of the main branches as split apart about 1 inch and it seems some of the leaves are dying. The limb is about 5 feet long and 2 to 3 inches in diameter. If I knew how to post a picture here I would. Can anyone please direct me in the right direction as where or what to do.

Mrs.A #55563 Jun 1st, 2007 at 03:43 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I'll bump this to the top, I know nothing about lemon trees. Hopefully someone will answer shortly.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
PlantFaerie #343939 May 7th, 2011 at 09:23 AM
I have an ornamental cherry tree that's been in my garden for about five years. It was a beautiful tree until this year. Suddenly the leaves are struggling to come out and the flowers bloomed with no leaves on the tree (it's usually the other way around). The blooms are weak and are beginning to fall and the leaves are still struggling - there are a lot of leaf buds but only a few leaves a the tips of some of the branches. The only thing different that I can think of is we got much more rain than normal this year. Could this be the problem? I desperately want to save this tree. Anyone have any advice?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,871
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image