Print Thread
Rate Thread
Little Sprout
5k Posts
OP Offline
Little Sprout
5k Posts
**read with great enthusiasm, as if you were narrating an action film**

There I was, out on a Beautiful, sunny day, with highs in the low 80's when-BOOM!-out of NOWHERE, these horrendious storm clouds of doom come rolling in! I had plans to weed my veggie garden, clean it up, and plant my peppers when the inevitable happened! The storm clouds moved in, and withen 10 minutes, rain started thundering out of the sky! I was then planting peppers, so I finished, with record speeds, just to be then called up top the patio to help stack lawn chairs, when I remembered--my phone was out in the open! So I run back down to the garden when-CRACK!- a large section of the big oak tree comes tumbling down from the great winds! I look up, to get twigs in my face and -THUMP!- the big branch falls, withen a few feet of my very self! I took no chances, and got out of there as fast as I could, but NO! My phone was still on the table! I ran to it, only tp trip on a wet cluster of leaves from the tree! Down I went, not a big fall, just a stumble, but I retrieved myself quickly, and, wuite frankly, bolted outta there lol ... we can only pray for those poor, baby veggies!

True story, nothing made up, just thought I'd tell you about my afternoon in the form of an action narration..I'm fine, just very wet... lol
hope you enjoy!

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

THE SPROUT IS BACK!
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Sounds like you had a crazy/exciting afternoon. Glad your okay, the tripping part sounds like something I would do. Did your phone survive the rain?

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Little Sprout
5k Posts
OP Offline
Little Sprout
5k Posts
lol lol

Phone made it ok.. it was upside-down so just the bottom got a little wet...

it was quite an interesting afternoon, though.. lol

I was planning on watering my veggies later tonight anyway, I just wasn't exppecting the rain, or the mad rush to get my peppers in before it rained.. lol

THE SPROUT IS BACK!
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
I bet. Yesterday and the day before were so warm and sunny I had decided that I better water my garden. So I just watered the containers last night. It's about 20 degress cooler today than it was yesterday and cloudy but still no rain for us.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Wow Mark, I'm glad you are okay! nervous

Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
What a story!!! I read it just they way you wanted, and it was exciting!!!!
I'm glad we only need pray for the veggies, and not for you!! That could have been a BIG limb...and on TOP of YOU!!!! You would have been a squashed sprout!!!
Good story!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good story, Mark. I hope your peppers made it through.
We need rain here in southern California. We have had an all time record low rainfall this year; 3 point something inches total. In 2002 we had 4 point something inches for the previous all time low. I'm hoping for summer storms, lots of them.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
5k Posts
5k Posts
shock holy cow! that was a close call!, your lucky it was the branches and not the tree!
thats proubly somthing youll never forget.

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image