Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi everyone! I sprinkled these seeds a little over 2 weeks ago. This is what they look like now. They are dwarf morning glories (Convolvulus Blue Enchantment.) Are they big enough to space out now? Also I was going to move a couple to a hanging basket for my neighbor. Thanks a lot!

[Linked Image]

OP Offline
I was also wondering how long it will take for these to start blooming, if anyone knows. This is my first time starting from seed. Thanks again!

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Morning glories really don't do well when transplanted.

But if you are going to try it wait until the vine is a couple of inches long at least. Then fertilize a couple of days before you dig them up. That will help with the transplant shock. Also dig them up on an overcast day rather than on a sunny one. That also helps with the transplant shock. Good luck.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
Thanks so much for all of the info! I really appreciate it! Does anyone know how long it will take these to bloom? Thanks again!

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
They should bloom all summer long.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
Hi again! :) I meant how long it will take for them to start blooming. I should've worded it more clearly. Thanks!

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I don't know all the details about morning glories. But many flowers don't bloom until the right conditions are forthcomming. I would assume that they require so many hours of sunlight before they will bloom so I would expect to see the blooms start around June 22nd or there abouts.

It's like zinnias, if you plant them inside 2 weeks before the last frost they will get pretty big before they flower. But if you plant them in August they will produce blooms before they are any size at all. It has to do with the hours of light they get not how old they are.

Last edited by tkhooper; May 15th, 2007 at 02:07 PM.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
That makes total sense. Thank you so much for all of your responses! I greatly appreciate you taking the time to answer all of my questions!

Jennifer

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
No problem that part of the reason we are here. The other part is getting our questions answered and having fun and meeting other people who love to garden.

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image