Print Thread
Rate Thread
#43186 May 12th, 2007 at 09:12 PM
The Bird Man
5k Posts
OP Offline
The Bird Man
5k Posts
Here is a pic I took today at a Horse Pasture About a mile from my house. This pasture is ALWAYS a Smorgasbord of bird species. I also saw Eastern Kingbirds, Brown-Headed Cowbirds, and Killdeer and heard an Indigo Bunting and a Red-Winged Blackbird.

EASTERN bluebird (MALE)
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Kingdoms RAGE and go to war...but the PEasants plant potatoes..

EARTH FIRST! (we'll strip-mine the OTHER planets later.)
The bluebird is a beauty - but what caught my eye is the fantastic purity of that deep blue sky - a rarity in smog-prone London!

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Thorn

Beautiful shot ......Sky and bird........
I seen 2 yellow finches today......Chasing .....I went for the mail and they was there.
wow the blue sky.

b

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
bop

Starfish,

Your from England , my man was there in the air force and said it rained every day in England.Is that still so?

His grandma was from england or wales or something in between........I just found an old old pilot photo she gave me of some relative.........KNow anyone in the Lester of Ford family there?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
The Bird Man
5k Posts
OP Offline
The Bird Man
5k Posts
Thanks, Starfish! My sister married a Brit and lives in London now. Here in the Southeast U.S. we get as much sunshine as you get rain in the U.K. Also that IS the bluebird mentioned in the song, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", from the Wizard of Oz.

[Linked Image]
Kingdoms RAGE and go to war...but the PEasants plant potatoes..

EARTH FIRST! (we'll strip-mine the OTHER planets later.)
Dodge - sorry I dont know of any Lesters or Fords and no it doesnt rain all the time here! Actally, we had a hosespipe ban all last summer because it didnt rain at all - and, as you can guess, that made gardening a little bit more tricky. This year was the driest and hottest April since records began and this month it has rained heavily every day. Unlike 20 years ago though, we virtually never see any snow. All of this means that the type of fruit, veg and flowers that we can grow now are a bit different to that a little while back.

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
bop

That is not too bad, no snow.wahhhhhhhh

We are sick of cold stuff.......
Did you know the books of the author "james herriot"..
I love his works......Read everyone......I just purchased one for a friend........
The Queen was here last week and we loved her clothing and presence..............Colors just jumped out of her clothes.
Hope you like her.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Well, dodge, I just think we haven’t had a proper winter here and the plant life don’t know what season it is – bulbs and plants flowering weeks earlier than I used to remember. Annuals becoming sickly perennials as there isn’t enough frost to kill them off. Bugs and bees coming to life when they should be dormant.
But anyway, I’ve read all of Herriot’s books too - by the way these were all turned into a very good British TV series back in the 1980’s, which is worth getting hold of on DVD. You'd probably also like the works of Gerald Durrell, who wrote My Family and Other Animals, as well as many other fact based, humorous post-war books on his wildlife collecting experiences around the world.
Finally, regardless, of what I think of the monarch here, I do admire The Queen – she’s always conducted herself in a way that is a credit to her country (unlike some of her family!). Her young grandson, Prince Harry, is an officer in the British Army and just about to serve in Iraq. God keep safe him and all of our boys out there and in Afghanistan (British, American, Australian and the rest).

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
thumbup

The DVD on Herriot.......He isnt in thaty personally , is he?

Dont know if they carry it here.....
What does it cost there?
THere was a tv show we like also....Your Being Served"

Oh we like the queen and Charlies Boys.......
I never miss watching her.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Herriot isnt in these, but I think he was involved on a consultancy basis - but some great british actors are. I checked and you can get series 1 through 5 via the internet on Amazon.com. Prices range from around $50 for a series (about 10 one hour long shows) to $300 for (I think) 5 series - about 50 hours worth of viewing. Read the reviews (all really positive) on Amazon and see what you think.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
thorny: beautiful pictures--lucky you

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Thanks

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image