Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I'm hoping for a second opinion and suggestions.

We've had this Dracaena Randy in this location for a little over a year, and it's in a self-watering pot that works by a sensor and vacuum system. In the last couple months it started developing little brown tips which I thought were related to fluoride in the water so we have switched to using well water that we have access to. However in the last month it has gotten worse so that it's yellowing in patchy spots or from the tip of the leaf, and brown spots and or spots that look a little bit wet are developing on the worst areas

Soil starts feeling damp when you get a couple inches down but not terribly so. There definitely is enough moisture in the soil for it to feel cool and for you to roll it into balls when you rub it between your fingers.

It also sits in an extremely large north facing window and part of the roof is also glass though it's angled so that it should never get any direct sunlight, but an abundance of indirect light.

So my thought is that it's getting over watered somehow by the self-watering pot even though it's been doing fine up until now and I think I have the sensor as low in the pot as I can get it. My only other thoughts are that maybe it's more important that the sensor be closer to the root ball then be as low as possible or that maybe I've been opening the vacuum too often to check the water level, but that's max once a week sometimes once every two weeks. As of now it's been 3 weeks.

Please note that where the leaves I'm showing are not attached to the plant anymore is not because they have fallen off but because it is in a public area so I have to remove the obviously bad looking leaves.

IMG_20210210_134145.jpg (438.89 KB, 14 downloads)
Northern Star
30k Posts
Northern Star
30k Posts
It looks like overwatering...and maybe leaf spot.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
1 member likes this: NWGardener23

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,862
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image