Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#407733 Oct 25th, 2020 at 12:39 PM
OP Offline
Question for anyone who knows more than I do (probably everyone): I own a tattoo Parlor and I had an indoor landscape/water feature with mostly fruiting plants installed (not quite finished). The feature is about 8ft away from a north facing window. You can see in the photo it's supplemented by 6 of the LED lights pictured. They turn on at 7:30am and off at 7:30pm. I keep small oscillating fans on them throughout the day.

I've had it about 3 weeks. I've swapped a few plants out. The bananas seem to be the only ones showing new growth at the moment, but everything appears healthy.

At the moment I have: verdana banana, Meyer lemon, tangelo, Cara cara Orange, blood orange, nagami kumquat, Persian lime, kishu mandarin, blackberry, black pepper, goji berry, magnolia vine, and a few others.

Temp: 70 degrees
Humidity: 55-65%

It may not be OPTIMAL, but is this enough information for you to tell me if these will bear fruit and add new growth?

I have over 5,000 dollars invested already and I want to make sure I'm doing enough for this project to serve its purpose, so it wasn't all for nothing. Thank you!

Last edited by The Bearded Lady; Oct 25th, 2020 at 01:13 PM.
1 member likes this: Gremelin
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Wow, now that is a fine set up. You should have no trouble with new growth...it just takes time. As far as fruit setting, I have seen a potted orange tree at my Aunts bare fruit in a pot by a window with no added help at all.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
2 members like this: The Bearded Lady, Gremelin
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
My only thought is the size the Meyer Lemon tree may become. I had one in a pot but it got pretty big.

OP Offline
Thank you! I’ve been really excited about it! I have a couple taller citrus trees in my living room with only led light and I was worried it wouldn’t be enough, so it made me wonder about this landscape too! I look forward to seeing fruit set!

OP Offline
Yeah, I know a lot of the plants and trees in this can get quite large for the space they’re in. I plan to keep them pruned to a manageable size. Hopefully that works!

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Good luck and keep us posted.

1 member likes this: The Bearded Lady

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in November
Gardening in December
Gardening in January

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,787
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,005
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image